Ideas for something to have skaters sign | Golden Skate

Ideas for something to have skaters sign

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey all, I’m off to Cranberry on Wednesday. I have an American flag which the American skaters can sign. Trying to think of something for the skaters from other countries. Any ideas? My skates have no more room and I don’t have time to get anything made.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I guess you could get them to sign a notebook or something? Or maybe a shirt if you have one with skates on it :biggrin:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I know it’s too late to obtain one before this comp, but what about an Olympic flag? That’s every skater’s dream, regardless of where they come from—to skate in the Olympics some day!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Hey all, I’m off to Cranberry on Wednesday. I have an American flag which the American skaters can sign. Trying to think of something for the skaters from other countries. Any ideas? My skates have no more room and I don’t have time to get anything made.
No time before Cranberry but perhaps for a future event? Life Is Good T shirt company has a nice women!s shirt with a discreet kitty wearing ice skates…

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can you have the skaters sign the country flag you wave (Israel, Mexico) and then buy a new country flag for the next comp?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can you have the skaters sign the country flag you wave (Israel, Mexico) and then buy a new country flag for the next comp?
Yes, but I don’t have nearly enough flags. Wish I had had time/money to get more. When they said “from around the world” they were not kidding.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is an excellent idea! Performers love to sign a picture that's posted in the program. They also don't fade like they will on most clothing. I never wore my sweatshirt again after that day.
There are some older ladies who go to a Worlds every year and have Team Canada jackets with decades of signatures. Worn only to worlds. One of them also knits something for every single skater. I think it’s like a bookmark or something.

Weathergal

Medalist
There are some older ladies who go to a Worlds every year and have Team Canada jackets with decades of signatures. Worn only to worlds. One of them also knits something for every single skater. I think it’s like a bookmark or something.
That is awesome!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Have a great time @moonvine! Tell us about it when you get back.

I can't think of anything creative to have skaters sign. Maybe there will be a program provided that's always nice to collect skaters' signatures on. The photo cards of skaters that some skate blade vendors provide at venues are also great for getting signed.

Enjoy!

Sharon Whitlock

Rinkside
When my girls were little, they wore very small figure skates.

We saved a pair of the first skates because we came up with the idea of having the "star" skaters that we met (clinics, shows, etc.) sign a skate. Over the years, they collected quite a few nice autographs, and now each girl has a skate with autographs! :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When my girls were little, they wore very small figure skates.

We saved a pair of the first skates because we came up with the idea of having the "star" skaters that we met (clinics, shows, etc.) sign a skate. Over the years, they collected quite a few nice autographs, and now each girl has a skate with autographs! :)
I bought a pair of skates to skate in, but ended up having skaters sign them. Gracie signed one. Many non Gracie skaters signed the other. They are full now. $100 blown. I obviously won’t skate in them now.