If Adelina Sotnikova returns | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If Adelina Sotnikova returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barb

Record Breaker
That's not what she has said but based on what I have read she is doing and how often she is not competition training. She is just not returning.

It is holidays for figure skaters, everyone are or were recently in the beach or vacations. Almost none is training super hard right now.

Amei

Record Breaker
It is holidays for figure skaters, everyone are or were recently in the beach or vacations. Almost none is training super hard right now.

Argument to that: Other skaters competed last season she did not.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Argument to that: Other skaters competed last season she did not.

So she's not allowed a vacation? B/S didn't compete last season and they still had a vacation. The heck? And she's in training now!

Amei

Record Breaker
So she's not allowed a vacation? B/S didn't compete last season and they still had a vacation. The heck? And she's in training now!

Truthfully I don't really care, I'm just making a point. It's always a question/conversation after an OG medalist doesn't retire - are they really committed to it like they were prior to winning the OGM or are they going to be more focused on being a celebrity?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Truthfully I don't really care, I'm just making a point. It's always a question/conversation after an OG medalist doesn't retire - are they really committed to it like they were prior to winning the OGM or are they going to be more focused on being a celebrity?

Well if they want to make money after years of sacrifice it's their prerogative :shrug:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She's at the CSKA training camp as we speak. She had new competition programs prepared. What exactly gives anyone the impression that she isn't coming back? Why would she go through all those motions and waste her time and energy if she had no intention of returning? :rolleye:

Exactly. For heaven's sake, she had two new programs, had presented them at the Russian Test Skates, and had even competed in a domestic competition before suffering a season-ending injury. But of course she's faking it, of course she had no intention of continuing! :rolleye:

kiara_bleu

On the Ice
Exactly. For heaven's sake, she had two new programs, had presented them at the Russian Test Skates, and had even competed in a domestic competition before suffering a season-ending injury. But of course she's faking it, of course she had no intention of continuing! :rolleye:

Poor girl to have her every move being seen as questionable or suspicious. It gives me the same vibes as how in certain people's eyes Tara Lipinski can never do anything right and gets no slack whatever she does even to this day. Take inspiration from Tara, Adelina, and just "do you" as they say.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Yeah, I don't understand the "logic" of the conspiracy theorists. If she was doing all that to save face, while knowing she wasn't going to compete eventually, she'd be setting herself up for just as much criticism - if not more - when she finally makes her announcement. So she's putting in all this training time for show, when she could be spending the summer on a yacht somewhere, clubbing, or doing whatever else a normal 18-year-old might want to do? Please...I may not be an athlete, but I doubt that maintaining such a high level of fitness is something one does unless there is a specific goal involved, i.e. competing.

Poor girl to have her every move being seen as questionable or suspicious. It gives me the same vibes as how in certain people's eyes Tara Lipinski can never do anything right and gets no slack whatever she does even to this day. Take inspiration from Tara, Adelina, and just "do you" as they say.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I personally hope she does return. She's a great skater who really does know how to excite a crowd. Of course, all the Russian girls are good at that. I get that Mishin is great at teaching and training jump technique and he is clearly the master. However, the Russian girls, and I'd also add Ashley to the list, seem to have a fire that most other skaters lack. Do you think it comes from their respective choreographers???:shrug: I really don't know. Maybe it comes from within.

moriel

Record Breaker
I personally hope she does return. She's a great skater who really does know how to excite a crowd. Of course, all the Russian girls are good at that. I get that Mishin is great at teaching and training jump technique and he is clearly the master. However, the Russian girls, and I'd also add Ashley to the list, seem to have a fire that most other skaters lack. Do you think it comes from their respective choreographers???:shrug: I really don't know. Maybe it comes from within.

Hmmm imho most competitive skaters have it from within. I guess among current russians, Kovtun is the only one lacking it =D Ele look at Liza and Elena, at Julia and Adelina, at Elena /Ruslan, at Plushy and Voronov =D

mrrice

Record Breaker
"Hmmm imho most competitive skaters have it from within. I guess among current russians, Kovtun is the only one lacking it =D Ele look at Liza and Elena, at Julia and Adelina, at Elena /Ruslan, at Plushy and Voronov"

After Maria Butyrskaya:bow: Who gets her own category. I have always loved watching Adelina perform. The other skater I love watching is Alena Leonova. She is gorgeous and lights up the arena. It's hard to pick a favorite but I guess I kind of like the skaters who have had a couple of setbacks and had something to prove. I think that's why I love Tuk. That, and her eyes!!!

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
"Hmmm imho most competitive skaters have it from within. I guess among current russians, Kovtun is the only one lacking it =D Ele look at Liza and Elena, at Julia and Adelina, at Elena /Ruslan, at Plushy and Voronov"

After Maria Butyrskaya:bow: Who gets her own category. I have always loved watching Adelina perform. The other skater I love watching is Alena Leonova. She is gorgeous and lights up the arena. It's hard to pick a favorite but I guess I kind of like the skaters who have had a couple of setbacks and had something to prove. I think that's why I love Tuk. That, and her eyes!!!

I wonder if there could ever be another Butyrskaya like skater :scowl:

Status
Not open for further replies.