If you could cast a skating movie, whom would you cast? (from any era) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

If you could cast a skating movie, whom would you cast? (from any era)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've been having the best time reading today's posts. You guys are a veritable gold mine of skating esoterica! :clap:

But seriously, folks, the interesting facts and opinions -- and the gossip, too -- gave me a much-needed respite in an otherwise frustrating day. Thanks, everyone!

I've been having the best time reading today's posts. You guys are a veritable gold mine of skating esoterica! :clap:

But seriously, folks, the interesting facts and opinions -- and the gossip, too -- gave me a much-needed respite in an otherwise frustrating day. Thanks, everyone!

I thought we all needed an escape that took stress away rather than adding it. Life is enough of a grind sometimes, isn't it? Besides, someday there might actually be a skating movie. A fan can dream!

BlackPack

Medalist
Olympia, keep brainstorming. I might just be able to produce it. ;)

Yes, we definitely need more levity. Skating provides it, but sometimes the forums get so intense about things that don't really matter.

moviechick

On the Ice
I think the premise of Wimbledon (with Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst) would also work really well for figure skating since it's also an individual sport and the overbearing father could be like an overbearing stage mom or something. I think it would be cute if it was set at an Olympics. I don't think every romantic film has to be about pairs skating.

Also something I'd like to see is like an ensemble drama that takes place over the course of one world championship competition, basically about the top skaters and their issues. Preferably it'd be done Inglourious Basterds style with everyone speaking their native language w/ subtitles.

moviechick

On the Ice
Bond girls have come from all types of backgrounds, professions, looks. They could certainly weave in a beautiful ice queen Bond girl plotline :p Yuna would be perfect hahaha

Maybe in the Brosnan era but the Craig version is way too serious to have something that cheesy.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think the premise of Wimbledon (with Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst) would also work really well for figure skating since it's also an individual sport and the overbearing father could be like an overbearing stage mom or something. I think it would be cute if it was set at an Olympics. I don't think every romantic film has to be about pairs skating.

Also something I'd like to see is like an ensemble drama that takes place over the course of one world championship competition, basically about the top skaters and their issues. Preferably it'd be done Inglourious Basterds style with everyone speaking their native language w/ subtitles.

Maybe in a TV series format like "Bunheads" starting @ the beginning of the skating season & working up to Worlds?

Or..."Project Rinkside" a la "Project Runway?" I can just see the weekly skate-offs now. (This is my imagination on overdrive; it's been a long week! :eek:)