I'm in Moscow | Page 2 | Golden Skate

I'm in Moscow

Matt

On the Ice
No fair! I want to go to Russia!..... :mad:

I'm j/k...Rosaleen, have fun and can't wait to read your wonderful skating reports :clap:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
Rosaleen:

Have fun and be very careful about guarding your personal belongings. My mother and brother made a trip to Russia a few years ago with the Canadian Figure Skating Association and my mom almost did not get home!! She put her purse down for a couple of minutes while shopping and someone made off with her purse - passport and all! The Canadian Embassy and figure skating association had to really work to get my mom another visa to come home!! Wow was I glad to see my mom!!

Enjoy the skating.

No offense meant, but frankly, anyone who puts a purse down and walks off for even one minute ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD is likely to find it missing upon return. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world. :p

Gregor

Rinkside
Rosaleen said:
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'm here in snowy, snowy Moscow. It looks just like the winter postcard pictures you see. First official practices are tomorrow (Friday) and I'm planning on heading to the rink to check things out. I'm not sure yet what the internet arrangements are at the arena but worst-case is that I'll be able to post my reports when I get back to the hotel at night as long as I get back before 11pm because that's when the business centre closes.
I'm off now to do some sight-seeing -- The Kremlin and Red Square
Jealousy! But I hope you enjoy your visit greatly. Thank you for your posts.