Irina News | Golden Skate

Irina News

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am so very glad to hear that Irina is feeling better, and can skate again!!

dpp

Evdokia

On the Ice
Great news!!! I'm so happy for Irina - it's wonderful to hear that she feels better now. Hope she can not only land all triples again until worlds, but also pull them out in a flawless 4 minutes free skate programm. :)

Good news about the health. Now we all have to think about our predictions. Irina when healthy is very very competitive.

Joe

ICEFAIRY1449

Spectator
IRINA`S GOOD HEALTH

Terrific news for Irina as her health improves she could just blow us all away!!!!!!!;)

Gipson

Rinkside
I'm also glad to see how quickly Irina is recovering.

I just saw the clip. Irina is skating to music Michelle once skated to and Michelle is skating to music Irina once skated to. What a coincidence :)

Fossi

Final Flight
What a speedy recovery. I am shocked she'll be skating so soon after all the reports of her being so sick. Man. I hope she's not pushing herself too much. I hate to see a skater not do so well just to compete.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
yaaaaaaay Irina!!!

I just hope Irina enjoys the heck out of her timely return to the ice, on the biggest stage of the year, all the while keeping her competitive edge (and all those other lovely edges of hers, in the literal sense:))...She must be overjoyed to have gone from fighting a rather serious illness to having a clean bill of health, and I hope that joy, along with all the strengths of hers we know and love, comes through in her skating.
So, once again,

yaaaaaaaaay Irina!!!!:)

Sarah

I'm very happy to hear she's feeling better! It'll be good to see her skate again if she remains well and makes it to World's.
Good luck and best wishes, Irina!

mzheng

Record Breaker
Glad to hear she is able to skating again. Personally I'd like to see her skating at worlds again. But for her own sake I hope she'll be there only if she fully recovered, and come to worlds fully prepared. I don't want she got hurt (health, reputation) in her first come back worlds.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
It's great to hear Irina may be at World's. If she is in the mix, all bets are off. After the long layoff, I don't think she'll be in the same form she had in 2000-02, but even so she is still a potential medal threat. This makes the event much more unpredictable.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Peaches1972 said:
Can someone post a review of the clip. I can not see it here at work because of our fire wall.

I don't know if you've heard the music before, it's called Rondo. MK used it as well. From what I can tell, it seems like it's an artistic/dramatic piece, Irina is taking the same route she took Serenade with the choreographer. She does a 3lutz/2loop and she makes it look so easy. She does a few cross-overs and a nice camel spin.
It's a short clip and that's what team Irina usually does. They post a short clip of her prorgams to give the fans a little taste of what's to come.