Jason Brown | Page 1006 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

susandwyer

Rinkside
Does anyone know the classic piece of music that Jason skated to for the Nationals exhibition?
Some people have mentioned that this was Jason just skating on the fly without any practice to the piece. The orchestra may not have been set up for the practice that morning, but Jason had the music on his phone. I’m sure they sent it to him way ahead of time.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some people have mentioned that this was Jason just skating on the fly without any practice to the piece. The orchestra may not have been set up for the practice that morning, but Jason had the music on his phone. I’m sure they sent it to him way ahead of time.

You are right, Jason selected the music out of several pieces that the orchestra suggested.

When I saw "on the fly", I mean that it is not a carefully crafted Rohene piece rehearsed many times. Jason put together some classic Jason moves to go with the music. I do think he thought about it before hand, and possibly ran through it, but I don't think he rehearsed it like his other gala programs.

He uses another one of those moves, that I had not seen before, where he dips out of the spiral and brushes his hand on the ice at the Art on Ice program for "Torn".

I agree @Skating47 Jason should consider a classical piece (not a warhorse), he moved so fluidly and so gracefully to this one!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason is a Premier Danseur on the ice. He's so graceful. His posture, carriage, flow and strength are all ballet, but sliding on ice! That was John Curry's strength also. I'm so glad that he's getting these opportunities. And when he was interviewed by Kirk Browning at the ISU awards, Kirk made a big point of Jason's Button Salchow award. Kirk's a fan! I really appreciated that. One day perhaps the ISU will recognize the contribution that Jason has made to skating by pushing all the big jumpers to also push their component scores. He's the ankle biter!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not the world's biggest news, but I found this interesting:

Jason has started posting on his YouTube channel again, after five years of dormancy. He is reposting from IG as YouTube shorts, so no new content. Here is an example, skating outside in Zurich as a YouTube short

And the background for the channel is a large cursive font associated with the jackets and hats he has been wearing for his workshops, like his website.

Hey Jason, if you have new merch, offer it to the masses. :biggrin:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not the world's biggest news, but I found this interesting:

Jason has started posting on his YouTube channel again, after five years of dormancy. He is reposting from IG as YouTube shorts, so no new content. Here is an example, skating outside in Zurich as a YouTube short

And the background for the channel is a large cursive font associated with the jackets and hats he has been wearing for his workshops, like his website.

Hey Jason, if you have new merch, offer it to the masses. :biggrin:

I'm glad that he's back and posting on youtube! It's been 6 years!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Jason and other athletes including Oona & Gage Brown, Isabeau and others Give Back spending time with kids ..
🩵🥰. Jason dives into a pile of stuffies with a little girl and she says “I love you..”😻 we know just how she feels!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Video of Jason making tortellini at the Albergo/Ristorante Sole in Fanano last month.

Jason making international friends, they adored him (of course)

Rough translation, (my own) skipping some parts

We were so happy to welcome Olympic figure skater Jason Brown.
He wanted to learn to make tortellini, and he did "Bravissimo"
[No translation needed ;)]. We hope this brings some of our cuisine to the US.

He will remain in our hearts, he is a marvelous and really funny person, as well as being a spectacular skater. Thank you so much Jason, we can't wait to see you again when you return to Italy

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Photos posted from Notte Stellato. That looks like Jason's Riverdance costume.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

Photos posted from Notte Stellato. That looks like Jason's Riverdance costume.
Like last year, Jason Brown wore his Riverdance costume for the Finale of Notte Stellata, I suppose that it is as a touch of colour, maybe there's an agreement between skaters?

Ross74

Medalist
Like last year, Jason Brown wore his Riverdance costume for the Finale of Notte Stellata, I suppose that it is as a touch of colour, maybe there's an agreement between skaters?
Did he do the Riverdance duet with Shae Lynn again???

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason really is thinking about Milan:eek2:

“I’ve had so many different chapters in my career. In 2014, I became all about the Olympics. And then I missed out on 2018 and learned a lot, grew a lot... did not handle the pressure well. And then the next four years was locked in for 2022 in Beijing. Moving forward to Milan, it’s not the end-all, be-all. But if that’s a stop on the way that I can compete and do it? Then 100 percent. Mentally I’m there.”