Jason Brown | Page 209 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed that the competition will not be easy, but so happy that Jason will be returning to Japan.

I was very impressed by the Twitter love of the Japanese fans. Jason tweets about Skate America in English; after an hour, 158 retweets and 195 favorites. Jason tweets about NHK in Japanese; after an hour 792 retweets and 821 favorites. :party2:

deetrakt

Rinkside
Agreed that the competition will not be easy, but so happy that Jason will be returning to Japan.

I was very impressed by the Twitter love of the Japanese fans. Jason tweets about Skate America in English; after an hour, 158 retweets and 195 favorites. Jason tweets about NHK in Japanese; after an hour 792 retweets and 821 favorites. :party2:

The "NHK tweet" has now scored over 1,500 retweets and over 1,800 favorites!! He also has 100+ new followers. His Japanese fans are clearly entranced with him and his efforts to reach out to them.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker

The Japanese fans love him! And how could they not? :biggrin: Jason tries to get in touch with them a lot (like when he replied to those fan letters from Japan), and I think they really appreciate that and try to reciprocate (I think Japanese fans are very dedicated, if a skater has won them over, they really show it). It's nice to see he will get to compete in countries where he is so loved, he will get a lot of support.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks! :biggrin: Sorry to be confusing, I actually don't mind where the link to the video goes... it's just 'unlisted' right now because the quality isn't that great, and despite giving credit to Rohene, I still pulled videos from his Facebook page to do the editing. The link can be shared freely if someone wants to post elsewhere or share with others... I would be surprised if it got many views though, considering the quality. But I tried! ;)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thanks! :biggrin: Sorry to be confusing, I actually don't mind where the link to the video goes... it's just 'unlisted' right now because the quality isn't that great, and despite giving credit to Rohene, I still pulled videos from his Facebook page to do the editing. The link can be shared freely if someone wants to post elsewhere or share with others... I would be surprised if it got many views though, considering the quality. But I tried! ;)

I linked to your thread so all could see your language and opinion on it. I just wanted to add the line to be considerate.

I love that we can do stuff like this now, and I still say you did a great job and it is a really fun preview of what is to come. Yes I rather like what we have seen of Jason's SP so far.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
sabinfire did a great job and I, too, like what I see of the program, though it's early days yet. I like the music more than I thought I would. A lot of the steps seem very 20s/ ice dance-ish, which fits the music. Jason has a very distinctive way of moving on the ice - i almost don't need to see his face or hair to know it's him. Looking forward to seeing this as it grows, and looking forward even more to seeing the new free skate.

LRK

Record Breaker
@Sabinfire - A thousand thanks for putting that together! I've not been able to see any of this before now. I must say that I think this program has the potential to be... really great.:)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So it looks like Christina Cleveland has officially moved to Monument, and is a part of Team Koro.

https://instagram.com/p/4IRDy5B7qK/

skate7kAfter making the decision to move to Monument as soon as her Senior year finished, @christina_cleveland missed her chance to walk across the stage. From your family at @skate7k, we are so proud of your hard work and dedication. Congratulations on your graduation! #MonumentalMoments #TeamKoro #7kAllTheWay #FriendsForever #Support​

And yes the clip includes Jason being cute.

If anyone is interested Christina was 21 at senior nationals in 2015

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If anyone is interested Christina was 21 at senior nationals in 2015

So now three of the top four finishers from last year's Midwestern sectionals are training in Monument -- Mariah Bell (1), Ashley Shin (3), Christina Cleveland (4). Having healthy competition among training mates should help them all improve this season. :)

Back on topic:

Did anyone happen to catch Jason on the news broadcast?

FSO Webmaster @fsonline
Watch @jasonbskates talk about the Freezer Jump @AerialChallenge on KRDO news at 6pm Mountain time tonight, June 19 http://www.krdo.com/news/live-stream-channel/14776454

@sabinfire -- Thank you so much for the video!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So now three of the top four finishers from last year's Midwestern sectionals are training in Monument -- Mariah Bell (1), Ashley Shin (3), Christina Cleveland (4). Having healthy competition among training mates should help them all improve this season. :)

Back on topic:

Did anyone happen to catch Jason on the news broadcast?

FSO Webmaster @fsonline
Watch @jasonbskates talk about the Freezer Jump @AerialChallenge on KRDO news at 6pm Mountain time tonight, June 19 http://www.krdo.com/news/live-stream-channel/14776454

@sabinfire -- Thank you so much for the video!

I did. It was really really brief and ended abruptly. Showed some practice footage and some sitting down footage of Jason saying some generic stuff about it. Showed a few jumps of Jason's but I could could not tell what they were. It was on just after weather around 20 minutes into the broadcast and might show up again during their later cast whenever that is.

I don't think i had seen that Ashely Shin is now on team Koro. My better half joked that Kori is turning into a Pokemon trainer with her collection.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
sabinfire has made a really beautiful composite of Jason's SP and posted it in the video editing thread.
I think it came out wonderfully and gives a great idea of what we have to look forward to. I am excited!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?54356-Slow-Motion-Jump-Editing-%28AKA-Sam-s-Jump-a-ma-tron%29&p=1174201&viewfull=1#post1174201

For anyone curious about the video's status now, views have spiked again over the past several hours -- the video has about 1k views now!

(The public view-counter on the video is always lagging behind the real count because YouTube wants to 'verify' the authenticity of views before officially adding them to the public counter, but I can still view all real-time activity on my YouTube Analytics page.)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
For anyone curious about the video's status now, views have spiked again over the past several hours -- the video has about 1k views now!

(The public view-counter on the video is always lagging behind the real count because YouTube wants to 'verify' the authenticity of views before officially adding them to the public counter, but I can still view all real-time activity on my YouTube Analytics page.)

Thanks for the update, I was curious. Any interesting trends with regard to country? It did show up on FSuniverse (Both in its own thread and in Jason's thread), the reception has been warm.

I think people really are just eager for anything new, this at least gives an idea of what to expect so it is very fun for the off season. Funny to think that before Riverdance he said he got excited if get got 100 views and the most he ever had was 800, now he can get 1k in a little more than a day from training clips.

Thanks again for doing this, i really have enjoyed it.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sabinfire, I am not wise in the ways of YouTube channels. Is this views total, or views from individual persons (that is, do my two views count as one, or can the great video powers that be tell that I am watching twice?)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I did. It was really really brief and ended abruptly. Showed some practice footage and some sitting down footage of Jason saying some generic stuff about it. Showed a few jumps of Jason's but I could could not tell what they were. It was on just after weather around 20 minutes into the broadcast and might show up again during their later cast whenever that is. ...

Stitch, just curious:

Do you happen to remember whether the Jason comments that were shown seemed to plug the Freezer Challenge specifically? As opposed to the Broadmoor Open as a whole?

To be clear: my questions are not about where Jason's heart lies -- I assume that he would have been equally happy to promote both.

I'm trying to get a sense of how the story was pitched to the TV station in the first place, and whether it was from the Freezer PR person, whose focus would have been on the jump challenge.

Just curious.​

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Stitch, just curious:

Do you happen to remember whether the Jason comments that were shown seemed to plug the Freezer Challenge specifically? As opposed to the Broadmoor Open as a whole?

To be clear: my questions are not about where Jason's heart lies -- I assume that he would have been equally happy to promote both.

I'm trying to get a sense of how the story was pitched to the TV station in the first place, and whether it was from the Freezer PR person, whose focus would have been on the jump challenge.

Just curious.​

It was more about Freezer specially. They basically said it is a jump focused contest and that was about it. I think Jason may have said something to the effect "all about the quad" but that is about it. Honestly i was hovering over the print screen button hoping to get a good screen shot but it was over before anything interesting was shown that i could have gotten a screen shot of. I am not sure it even showed the time and date type info, it ended pretty abruptly. They showed him doing a few jumps, but I am not sure his feet were in frame - I tried to count revolutions, but i am really bad at that and anything i saw on a first viewing is likely wishful thinking.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for the update, I was curious. Any interesting trends with regard to country? It did show up on FSuniverse (Both in its own thread and in Jason's thread), the reception has been warm.

I think people really are just eager for anything new, this at least gives an idea of what to expect so it is very fun for the off season. Funny to think that before Riverdance he said he got excited if get got 100 views and the most he ever had was 800, now he can get 1k in a little more than a day from training clips.

That's a little how I feel when uploading videos to YouTube. At first, I was glad if any video I put up would receive more than a couple hundred views. Then a thousand views became a big deal. Then 10k views. At this point, my next 'milestone' is a single video hitting 100k views. I think my most popular video is at 70k views currently (and residual views over time may someday push this over 100k, but it won't happen for a long time.) Also, I kinda shoot myself in the foot with achieving this goal by posting 2, 3, 4, or even 5 different versions of the same video, just with different commentary. Though if you added all those views up, they would easily be in the 6-digit view count...

Thanks for the information on FSUniverse. I am always curious where my videos end up, though YouTube is always lagged about 48 hours in telling me details about where the traffic is coming from -- and even then, it can be tricky to find out exactly where a link was posted (especially if its embedded on a social media site that is not public and/or I don't have access to view).

The Jason video is still too new for YouTube to provide me with meaningful demographic details.

Sabinfire, I am not wise in the ways of YouTube channels. Is this views total, or views from individual persons (that is, do my two views count as one, or can the great video powers that be tell that I am watching twice?)

The total view count is based on how many times the video was played. So, yes, a single individual person could account for multiple views, if they played the video more than once. I am not certain how YouTube's 'verification' of view count works, though... so some views can ultimately be thrown out because YouTube may determine them to be deceptive, fraudulent, suspicious, misleading, spam, etc...

Here is an image showing some of the analytic tools on YouTube (this one specifically is monitoring real-time views on Jason's video):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FhmS7SlrItY2JzQ0FibkxLa1k/view?usp=sharing

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It was more about Freezer specially. They basically said it is a jump focused contest and that was about it. I think Jason may have said something to the effect "all about the quad" but that is about it. ...

Thx, Stitch. Good luck to Jason with his quad.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
One more thing to add about the 'behind-the-scenes' of YouTube...

There's a somewhat creepy feature that opens up to you once you reach 1k+ subscribers. It is a community option called Fans, which YouTube describes as "A list of your most engaged and influential viewers, updated daily."

For me, there's a list of maybe 200 or so YouTubers and their channel pictures, regardless if they are subscribed to my channel or not. They also display an 'engagement level' bar for each person, recent comments they've made, the date they subscribed to my channel (if they are a subscriber), etc. There's also an option to sort the list by various criteria.

Not exactly a massive invasion of privacy, but it's been enough for me to do a lot of YouTubing under another account other than my own.