Jason Brown | Page 211 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I noticed that! 7K instagrammed a collage and she just had So. Many. Students. :laugh:

ETA: I'm not worried about the doubles too much; like you say, he has another two full programs plus the jump competition to go through. If anything, I find the 2S quite encouraging - i think it must mark the spot for a 4S! So exciting!

...and so infuriating at the same time :bang:

My tinfoil hat is that he wants to land his first quad in the jump competition. It would be good PR for both himself and the competition itself. Jason likes to do things different, I think landing it in a jump comp rather than a program first fits him just fine. Many of the skaters doing the jump competition are only doing that, so I am not fretting much. He is being pushed as one of the main draws to the damn thing, he needs to give that his attention over the SP only competition.

A quad (actually I think quad combo) is required in the final round of the jump contest, so he knows it is coming.

As for Kori, the last time i mentioned to my better half she had new student he asked "What is she a Pokemon trainer now?" kinda think he might be right.

I honestly am not too fretted about the doubles, team Koro has proven to me they know what they are doing, I just want to watch it unfold.

Also The Skating Lesson Kori interview is getting plugged a lot. They claim it will be "this week" so who knows I was wondering if it was going to come out at a good time to plug/push the jump contest, now I am wondering if Kori shared some stuff they wanted to keep quite longer. Anyway looking forward to it, and the latest episode does have a cute preview of the interview showing Jason and Mariah.

https://youtu.be/fUksWklc3q4?t=2192

TMC

Record Breaker
Since Jason only "has" the SP for 3 1/2 weeks or so, I'm sure he welcomes every opportunity to run it through to his music on competition ice. He may not do a quad tomorrow in the SP--although I hope he does--but I bet he'll do at least all triples!

I agree, I expect he will go for a "full" SP tomorrow. Today's was probably more of a run-through.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
And of course you will return with a professional quality video ... Forget about your *own* enjoyment of the event:laugh2:

But we do eagerly await reports....

Maybe ill put my better half on film duty. Might keep him from complaining less.

I almost want to film it so no one asks questions I can't answer

"What cut of the music was it?"

"Ummm i think it has string instruments"

"was this jump rotated?"

"I take several slow mo shots to usually make a guess"

"what was his first jump?"

"A toe jump. . .i can at least usually tell the difference between toe and edge jumps!"

I really hope footage ends up on youtube quick cuz I feel like a blind seeing eye dog!

TMC

Record Breaker
I can't even find anybody tweeting about anything that's going on (apart from the one from Sarah & Drew). Has the jump contest started? How are they doing?

:bang: :bang: :bang:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I can't even find anybody tweeting about anything that's going on (apart from the one from Sarah & Drew). Has the jump contest started? How are they doing?

If you are interested specifically in Jason and the jump contest, my understanding is that he -- and many other Team USA skaters (Max, Richard, etc.) -- will compete only in tomorrow's rounds of the Freezer Challenge.

Today's jumping (beginning at 8 pm MT -- which is 3 hr 45 min from now) is for those who need to qualify for tomorrow's rounds.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

The first round of jumps starts tonight, but I don't think Jason is doing that one, I think his first is tomorrow. . . but this thing is a bit confusing. I can't tell if there is the old open jump contest plus the Freezer one, or if the one tonight is like a pre-lim qualifications type thing.

Here is the schedule

http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/2015blockschedule.pdf

So the jumps start at 8:00 tonight and it is 4:13 now for reference.

The real SP is tomorrow at 2:35

The jumps start at 4:40

The free is on Saturday at 1:30

TMC

Record Breaker
If you are interested specifically in Jason and the jump contest, my understanding is that he -- and many other Team USA skaters (Max, Richard, etc.) -- will compete only in tomorrow's rounds of the Freezer Challenge.

Today's jumping (beginning at 8 pm MT -- which is 3 hr 45 min from now) is for those who need to qualify for tomorrow's rounds.

The first round of jumps starts tonight, but I don't think Jason is doing that one, I think his first is tomorrow. . . but this thing is a bit confusing. I can't tell if there is the old open jump contest plus the Freezer one, or if the one tonight is like a pre-lim qualifications type thing.

Here is the schedule

http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/2015blockschedule.pdf

So the jumps start at 8:00 tonight and it is 4:13 now for reference.

The real SP is tomorrow at 2:35

The jumps start at 4:40

The free is on Saturday at 1:30

Ahh okay thanks, that clarifies it a bit. I thought everybody had to do the qualifying round.

This is such a badly organised event I can't even

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I can't tell if there is the old open jump contest plus the Freezer one, or if the one tonight is like a pre-lim qualifications type thing. ...

I am not 100% sure, but I think both parts of your sentence are true -- that the "old" open jump contest is happening tonight and it is how some will qualify for the Freezer Challenge.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And of course you will return with a professional quality video ... Forget about your *own* enjoyment of the event:laugh2:

But we do eagerly await reports....

Ditto!

Any little tidbits you can provide will be greatly appreciated. (Jason's music for the free skate is at the top of my need to know list. :laugh:)

Above all, have a great time!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ahh okay thanks, that clarifies it a bit. I thought everybody had to do the qualifying round.

This is such a badly organised event I can't even

I am not 100% sure, but I think both parts of your sentence are true -- that the "old" open jump contest is happening tonight and it is how some will qualify for the Freezer Challenge.

I am starting to think the non-filming really might be due to chaos and poor planning.

I think Golden and I are thinking the same thing more or less on what is going on.

Regarding this page

http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/BOpen1.html

I think the Max Aaron, Mariah Bell, Jason Brown, et all are only doing the Freezer Jump thing tomorrow and are for lack of a better term per-qualified for the "Semi-final" round.

then down the page you see Liam Firus, Brendan Kerry, Alexander Zahradnicek, Selena Zhao et al listed I think they are competing tonight to qualify or just cux they want to.

In the prize section it does talk about the winner of the Broadmoor Jump event (?) getting $500.00 plus other prizes for the Freezer competition.

So I think the Freezer ended up being in addition to the old one, and the old one stuck around as well, and is serving a different function. But who knows it could all change tomorrow.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ditto!

Any little tidbits you can provide will be greatly appreciated. (Jason's music for the free skate is at the top of my need to know list. :laugh:)

Above all, have a great time!

That is probably something I will go out of my way to get posted for you all.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Jump contest starts tomorrow, as I understand it.

Max and Jordan are both competing in the combined event as well as Jason. Ricky and Brendan are only competing in the jumps event. I wish I could see how Max's programs are travelling, but clearly they are intent on making sure nobody sees anything...sigh.

Jason will have to attempt a quad in the jump contest. The requirements for the Championship Senior Men's round are a quad, triple Axel, and either a quad-triple or triple-triple combination. I imagine we'll see the quad, but he might revert to 3F-3T for the combination.

TMC

Record Breaker
Jump contest starts tomorrow, as I understand it.

Max and Jordan are both competing in the combined event as well as Jason. Ricky and Brendan are only competing in the jumps event. I wish I could see how Max's programs are travelling, but clearly they are intent on making sure nobody sees anything...sigh.

Jason will have to attempt a quad in the jump contest. The requirements for the Championship Senior Men's round are a quad, triple Axel, and either a quad-triple or triple-triple combination. I imagine we'll see the quad, but he might revert to 3F-3T for the combination.

Jackie Wong just tweeted (basically a rumour) about him doing a quad Sal. Nice!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Not to rain on the parade, but I think Jackie was just basing that on Jason doing the 2sal in the SP today. He links to @SarahandDrew which is the account that info came from. Seems like he made the same assumptions most of us have, about it being a placeholder for a quad salchow.

His tweet: https://twitter.com/examinerskating/status/614244238260187136
Per .@SarahandDrew's Broadmoor tweets, looks like Jason Brown is getting on the quad salchow! Also, Liam Firus has a quad toe!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
:shocked: A pity that most likely there won't be 'All That Skate' shows in South Korea anymore. Jason could definitely be invited.

Analytics interest me... feel free to skip this post if you don't care about this sort of thing...

Most of the demographics are in for the Jason SP 2015-2016 vid... South Korea still leading in views.

Countries, ages, gender:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FhmS7SlrItWHhyN1NmYllPVkE/view?usp=sharing

Also, surprised at how many folks are viewing videos on mobile devices these days, and the Jason video is no different:

Views by device:

Com­puter - 64%

Mo­bile phone - 25%

Tab­let - 10%

Unsurprisingly, most viewers are running Windows (56%), followed by Android (18%), iOS (17%), and then Macintosh at a paltry 8%.

Got a handful of views from folks running Linux. :cool:

Oddly enough, as of a few weeks ago, I never seem to find GoldenSkate listed as an External Traffic Source to my videos, but obviously a lot of traffic originates from here. I still see FSU, fsonline.ru, vk.com, twitter, etc... :shrug:

Obviously this data is not entirely empirical, though it would suggest that Jason has a nice fan-base in South Korea, even Russia too. The views from Japan were rather low, despite most of my overall channel traffic being Japanese.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I like seeing analytics for it, so keep it coming. My guess is that at least some Jason fans are interested in this stuff as well.

From a fan perspective I am thrilled he has a following in South Korea given that the next Olympics are there.