Jason Brown | Page 401 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Kaitlyn Weaver tweeted:

K: I'm so happy I skate in the era of Jason Brown.

https://twitter.com/WeaverPoje/status/855381143067033600

:love:

I remember watching Kaitlyn and other Team North America members last year after Jason's FS in the Team Challenge Cup, and it was really clear from her face how moved she was and how much she loved it. It made me like Kaitlyn a lot, and watching her performance today, I wasn't surprised to see an elegance and passion that reminded me a bit of Jason. 🤗

madforskating

On the Ice
So what happened to the cheerleaders? This group seemed downright sullen at times. Karen especially seems out of it. :scratch2:

Very awesome. :):):)

I think I'll miss this year's short the most. It seems to suit him so well. After 2 years, I'm ready to move on from The Piano. Excited about what's to come!

Karen has always been very reserved, shy, and rarely shows strong emotion from what I've seen. She seems just kind of uncomfortable with the attention and stuff.
Kaitlyn is so right. I'll miss these programs so much too.

madforskating

On the Ice
I remember watching Kaitlyn and other Team North America members last year after Jason's FS in the Team Challenge Cup, and it was really clear from her face how moved she was and how much she loved it. It made me like Kaitlyn a lot, and watching her performance today, I wasn't surprised to see an elegance and passion that reminded me a bit of Jason. 🤗

I've been a hardcore Weaver/Poje fan for a while now, Kaitlyn is so sweet and Andrew...well, just look at him!!! :thumbsup:

chloepoco

Medalist
Wow! What a sweetheart Jason is--spending time visiting the kids at the Ronald McDonald House in Japan!:thumbsup:

madforskating

On the Ice
That was his Senior Nationals debut and it was incredible in person. The whole section I was in was so moved and many realized they were witnessing something so special.
I am happy you found and enjoyed it.

OMG lucky you!!! Such a stunning performance, and that was just the beginning!!!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I think I may be a little bit in love with Jason's personality. He's just such a cheery guy and he totally made the USA Team K&C. :love:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Pictures of Jason's visits to Ronald McDonald House are always wonderful, but I think these are my favorite ones ever:

https://instagram.com/p/BTLM2-wAhzZ/

Javier Munoz (Hamilton) commented on the instagram post:
javiermofficialYou're pretty amazing with children🤗

Jason also posted a small video on twitter of his interaction with one of the children (I died from the cute!):

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/855648119416963074

I'm going to miss these programs (I've already downloaded and watched them many times already! :luv17: ) but I'm looking forward to seeing what Jason and Rohene come up with for next season. It seems that Javier Munoz will be following and rooting for Jason (much like Padraic Moyles from the cast of Riverdance did in 2014).

ETA:
Jason had a meeting with his Japanese fans
(Bing translation) [WTT fan] Jason and Kori coach, Jason's parents was great fun meeting together. Thank you very much for joining us. To Jason answered various questions. I will also publish. Please stay tuned! 😊

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Javier Munoz (Hamilton) commented on the instagram post:
javiermofficialYou're pretty amazing with children🤗

Jason also posted a small video on twitter of his interaction with one of the children (I died from the cute!):

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/855648119416963074

I'm going to miss these programs (I've already downloaded and watched them many times already! :luv17: ) but I'm looking forward to seeing what Jason and Rohene come up with for next season. It seems that Javier Munoz will be following and rooting for Jason (much like Padraic Moyles from the cast of Riverdance did in 2014).

ETA:
Jason had a meeting with his Japanese fans
(Bing translation) [WTT fan] Jason and Kori coach, Jason's parents was great fun meeting together. Thank you very much for joining us. To Jason answered various questions. I will also publish. Please stay tuned! 😊

OMG I love that video!

I too am really sad to see this year's programs go. It took awhile for me to really appreciate the FS because I didn't much like the music, but I've almost forgotten that - as Rohene hoped, I think Jason was able to transform it through his skating. And I feel like he really made the SP his own in these last two competitions.

I am excited to see what the new season brings though, and am hopeful that even if the new programs are more showy / crowd pleasing for the Olympic year, he'll still incorporate the maturity and purely beautiful skating / lines that has made this year's programs so special. No mugging, please!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love these RMCH photos. It always amazes me that during a busy, sometimes stressful, jetlagged competition, Jason still makes time to think of others and visit with children. And he's such a natural with kids!...Also hope we get to read the Q & A he did with his Japanese fan club. No wonder they love him so much!

Last edited:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I too am really sad to see this year's programs go. It took awhile for me to really appreciate the FS because I didn't much like the music, but I've almost forgotten that - as Rohene hoped, I think Jason was able to transform it through his skating. And I feel like he really made the SP his own in these last two competitions.

I am excited to see what the new season brings though, and am hopeful that even if the new programs are more showy / crowd pleasing for the Olympic year, he'll still incorporate the maturity and purely beautiful skating / lines that has made this year's programs so special. No mugging, please!

I have pondered how much the injuries Jason overcame these last two years caused him to do some soul searching. He had a lot of time off ice to think about how he feels in terms of costumes, presentation and interpretation. He'd never had a serious injury before and had to overcome more pain and frustration than he had probably ever experienced in his life. I think it deepened his sensitivity to the nuances of the music. Regarding costuming, he mentioned in an interview this year that he likes simple costumes and his final SP & FS outfits were favorites for many of us fans. Also, I think the stubble he sported during the SP also was a deliberate choice and helped in selling the program. Going forth, I expect the mature Jason to continue to shine and move us with his musicality and pure skating.

Jason didn't get a plus giant rice ball thrown on ice but he did get a rice ball hat from fans that he and Ashley C. wore in the KnC: :laugh:

https://twitter.com/Pyamada4P/status/855774659668656129

Bing translate: Jason Kun, ball cap gave this morning, thanks for using immediately, thank you for 🍙🍙🤣🤣 #jasonbrown #WTT

Last edited: