Jason Brown | Page 509 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
U Must Be Cinderella! You went to school there Rosa? I had a friend who went there so I knew the school. I sent a tweet to Lin Manuel Miranda that he should write a musical about this team and their Puerto Rician star defensive player!

No, didn't go there, but I went to a school that was an arch-rival of UVa, and even beat them this year, so this was huge! :) UMBC's reputation has increased dramatically over the past 10 years or so. It used to be thought of more as a commuter school to those in the Baltimore suburbs, but it's now a destination school for those wanting to study the sciences. So happy for their big moment!

katmari, thanks for that tidbit about Aspen. I guess Jason has no trouble revealing his whereabouts now. :) I'm not going to be in Aspen today, but I will be in Colorado Springs this afternoon. :laugh:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am one of those folks who is finding the vaguebooking less amusing as time goes on. Like, really? :scratch3: If you want to be private, be Josh Farris levels of private. Otherwise, speak and be heard.:biggrin:

Evidently Alex Johnson will also be at the Aspen show, along with all the kids who skate at Aspen:

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/asp...nnual-show-saturday-with-trolls-shrek-themes/

And sounds like Jason's availability was a last minute kind of thing.....

(OT: gotta love a team with the name Retrievers. I'm on board the UMBC train:laugh:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is Jason trying to be private though? As I said, I think we may be reading the posts as vague cause of all the rumors. But Jason’s never been one to post long platitudes on social — just fun photos about things.

I know I bought up the vague booking thing, but honestly I did so jokingly. :)

ETA: Though that one post he did about the journey or whatever was classic vaguebooking. :laugh:

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, I guess most of us have seen the retweeted Jerry Solomon photo of Jason in the snow at Aspen. At least it’s snow and not a dusty rock and at least he’s smiling and not thinking but I’m a mean old grinch and a fancam would be nice....

And what did I find? A fancam IG clip of Alex Johnson! ;) Who is a lovely skater and I’m sure he put on a wonderful show. But I’m not wondering what Alex skating looks like now and if Alex cut his hair.:curse:

Skating gods, am I really asking for so much? :drama:

ETA: I did not ask for photos of sorry looking sundaes, skating gods :noshake::laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Who is the other person in the photo? I can't tell behind those thick goggles!

Just watch basketball. There's plenty of drama there. :laugh: #UpsetsGalore

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So basically he's hanging out with all of 7k staff EXCEPT Kori. Granted Kori's in Europe. But so strange.

Ross74

Medalist
It's interesting that a bunch of the 7K skaters were skiing at Breckenridge yesterday with Courtney Hicks, Tiffany D, and others. In fact Courtney has been in town for about a week hanging with Jordan and Ben. Getting choreo from Rohene?

ETA: I did not ask for photos of sorry looking sundaes, skating gods
I'll take it. :)

No, I did not see that pic from Jerry Solomon. Thanks for the heads's up, el henry!

Go RETRIEVERS! :)

ETA: Since Rohene told someone on IG that he is going back to L.A. for two weeks, will Jason be back there?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Millie to me too, but I did see somewhere (maybe on the Facebook event page) that Heather A. was interested? Hey Jason gets to hang with the crew, and I like snow better than dusty rocks, so that's all good.

But that sundae? Isn't Aspen upscale? :scratch2: I am spoiled, sis lives five minutes from "O Wow Cow", a purveyor of fine organic ice cream made from local ingredients (it's way upper middle class Bucks Co and that's how they roll with names and ice cream:))

www.owowcow.com

and some of their flavors: honey lavender (local organic lavender from peace valley lavender farm blended with local raw honey), blood orange raspberry (imported blood orange juice from sicily combined with real raspberries), banana caramel (organic, fair-trade bananas swirled through with raymer's caramel).

You can imagine what their sundaes are like. Now that's a cheat meal:laugh:

ETA: I can't watch that much basketball. I like my team sports once a week:cool:

shirleyc89

Rinkside
Looks like Millie to me too, but I did see somewhere (maybe on the Facebook event page) that Heather A. was interested? Hey Jason gets to hang with the crew, and I like snow better than dusty rocks, so that's all good.

But that sundae? Isn't Aspen upscale? :scratch2: I am spoiled, sis lives five minutes from "O Wow Cow", a purveyor of fine organic ice cream made from local ingredients (it's way upper middle class Bucks Co and that's how they roll with names and ice cream:))

Jason tagged her as Heather A. in his Instagram post. And oh my goodness those ice cream flavors sound so good! :luv17:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's on the ice with Hamilton. ETA: at the show in Aspen;) The all-important hair: observe and discuss.

https://twitter.com/JerrySolomon_SG/status/975755502725591040

My opinion: Pony is history. He had nice long flowing pony for Hamilton, and if he still had it, you'd see it. Possible it's a teeny tiny manbun:scratch2:

Next stop:
Jason tweets about skiing. I :love: the photo of the split with the mountains in the background, and that should be his next Twitter cover photo.

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/975743536476770304

End of opinions.:laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
He's on the ice with Hamilton. The all-important hair: observe and discuss.

https://twitter.com/JerrySolomon_SG/status/975755502725591040

My opinion: Pony is history. He had nice long flowing pony for Hamilton, and if he still had it, you'd see it. Possible it's a teeny tiny manbun:scratch2:

Next stop:
Jason tweets about skiing. I :love: the photo of the split with the mountains in the background, and that should be his next Twitter cover photo.

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/975743536476770304

End of opinions.:laugh:

Interesting - he didn’t do that jump in the competitive version or the Sun Valley show version - maybe it’s for SOI.

ETA what is with that weird message / formatting that you and a few others have?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting - he didn’t do that jump in the competitive version or the Sun Valley show version - maybe it’s for SOI.

ETA what is with that weird message / formatting that you and a few others have?

I see no strange formatting:eeking: Just the ad for the fundraiser on the last message :scratch2:

But yes, if the split and the high kick in Hamilton come to SOI, I will be a happy camper. I think I can say here, in safety;) that the other men will need to convince me to be a happy camper. How I wish Adam would do the Beatles rather than the broken bird:pray: but sadly, my minority opinion will not be heeded.....:biggrin:

ETA: which is not to say I’m unhappy to see them at all. Just that only Jason would inspire me to actually drive to the Box Office to select tickets. With the high kick and split:)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Fairly certain the manbun was in Aspen. I saw some shots somewhere of him skating his Evan Hanson program with it very very clearly visible. Not sure where i saw it though... but it was implied to be the Aspen show.

Honestly... he is likely growing out so it is long enough to donate. It has clearly been getting longer, he likely just needs a couple more inches and then can move on. But I can totally see Jason wanting to do something with and and donating it rather than just cutting it... and letting rabid fans dig through the dumpster for it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Fairly certain the manbun was in Aspen. I saw some shots somewhere of him skating his Evan Hanson program with it very very clearly visible. Not sure where i saw it though... but it was implied to be the Aspen show.

Honestly... he is likely growing out so it is long enough to donate. It has clearly been getting longer, he likely just needs a couple more inches and then can move on. But I can totally see Jason wanting to do something with and and donating it rather than just cutting it... and letting rabid fans dig through the dumpster for it.

Ugh seriously? I always found fans that want that kind of thing creepy.

Where are these photos you saw? I'm guess that if you're going to SOI, you'll see Hamilton and DEH, which is cool cause both a very good programs.