Jason Brown | Page 510 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ugh seriously? I always found fans that want that kind of thing creepy.

Where are these photos you saw? I'm guess that if you're going to SOI, you'll see Hamilton and DEH, which is cool cause both a very good programs.

SOI is not coming to the Denver area... seems to me that Stars On Ice should come to a location kinda close to where Ice Skating is headquartered... but ohh well. I guess we are just not a market.

I saw them somewhere on twitter or instagram. Really i did not pay much attention to it. It was the same costume/look so it just seemed like nothing new. I just did notice the Manbun. I really do think it mentioned the Aspen show and was posted after the first one (yes I pay attention to stuff like that online). Sadly I am not very good at searching my old feeds.

EDIT: who else was at the Aspen show? I think it might be on their twitter?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

I think this has been true for a long time. I grew up on the other side of the state but we were always ears to the ground for figure skating coming to Denver, and always check what was going on when we were in town... nil. Broadmore Open is till the best skating i have seen live. US Nationals was in Denver in 1988. I have an aunt that went and still talks about how much fun they had.

I think the altitude might make us not a good option, and honestly if it is better for their health... im all for health. Still Denver is a very sports happy place... I think we would be a good crowd. University of Denver has a venue that might be good fit for Skate America... i keep hoping they will send it there to milk the Michelle Kwan link.

Ross74

Medalist

I think the altitude might make us not a good option, and honestly if it is better for their health... im all for health. Still Denver is a very sports happy place... I think we would be a good crowd. University of Denver has a venue that might be good fit for Skate America... i keep hoping they will send it there to milk the Michelle Kwan link.

That would be awesome! I've been to several events at the Magness Center at DU. It's nice.

What's do you mean by the "Michelle Kwan link"?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
That would be awesome! I've been to several events at the Magness Center at DU. It's nice.

What's do you mean by the "Michelle Kwan link"?

Michelle went to DU... I think she said she skated there about twice. But she did rave about the facilities but she is still an alumni.

I think it would be good for SA as it is about the size that they sell tickets for. So it is smaller, but it would look fuller and likely have a more fun... and well full, atmosphere. It also is a location that is easy to access. I see on here people like to use trains to get to skating events... plenty of hotels and restaurants along the light rail.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
SOI is not coming to the Denver area... seems to me that Stars On Ice should come to a location kinda close to where Ice Skating is headquartered... but ohh well. I guess we are just not a market.

I saw them somewhere on twitter or instagram. Really i did not pay much attention to it. It was the same costume/look so it just seemed like nothing new. I just did notice the Manbun. I really do think it mentioned the Aspen show and was posted after the first one (yes I pay attention to stuff like that online). Sadly I am not very good at searching my old feeds.

EDIT: who else was at the Aspen show? I think it might be on their twitter?

Paul Wylie and Alexander Johnson...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have seen no clips of Jason skating at Aspen, even on Paul Wylie’s or Alex Johnson’s social media. If anyone finds them, let me know.;)

I would also be surprised if Jason skated two individual numbers at a charity event, particularly where someone else is skating, but he’s a nice guy, so what do I know:biggrin: But I’m sticking by the no manbun for Hamilton; makes no sense, and I say it’s finito. My story and I’m sticking to it.:)

SOI may not coming to Colorado, but you have an embarrassment of riches with charity shows, practice rinks, and summer competitions. I have *one* summer comp and it’s a 90 minute drive. Let me have my show:laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
El henry posted it!

I can't really tell , LOL.

Yeah I got confused and thought she meant pics.

It’s really hard to see the back - the resolution isn’t great - but the front is skinned back as usual and the back seems to be pulled back. It could be shorter or braided but I think there’s still something like a manbun.

Actually what I noticed more is his line, which looks very elegant.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm stubborn and I'm sticking by it.:biggrin:

Hamilton had a big floppy pony that Jason didn't grease to death with product. I actually really liked the look. Where, oh where, is big floppy pony?

Oh well, one month until I see with my own beady eyes:laugh:

ETA: and what just this second popped up in my Facebook feed. A duet wth Lin-Manuel and Ben Platt, neither of whom I care about or follow, but because a friend posted it.

https://www.facebook.com/theaterisd...X4xo2szYUqbXMRQY_BnIhSCF9zdkYOwxJ7wQMDiRqTlkc

A sign...but of what?:biggrin:

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Hamilton had a big floppy pony that Jason didn't grease to death with product. I actually really liked the look. Where, oh where, is big floppy pony?

I forgot - he did wear the ponytail with this. Well we’ll await your report. :cool:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

ETA: and what just this second popped up in my Facebook feed. A duet wth Lin-Manuel and Ben Platt, neither of whom I care about or follow, but because a friend posted it.

https://www.facebook.com/theaterisd...X4xo2szYUqbXMRQY_BnIhSCF9zdkYOwxJ7wQMDiRqTlkc

A brand new program for Jason? ;)

I love the mashup of the two songs -- "You Will Be Found" (from Dear Evan Hanson) and "The Story of Tonight" (From Hamilton)-- I really like both songs individually and hearing them together is super cool.

The Mashup is called Found/Tonight and is part of the Hamildrop, which some sort of monthly release of songs. The Hamilton Polka linked earlier was the February release!

If I end up going to SOI, it will be a longer wait -- May 18, 19, or 20 depending which city I decide to travel to.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker

I love this. I love Ben Platt and Lin Manuel. But I love this bc it’s beautiful. Thanks so much!

Ross74

Medalist