Junior Ice Dance - CD at 4:30 EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior Ice Dance - CD at 4:30 EST

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Ahh! Thank you for those comments..and very comprehensive with a sense of humor!

100yen

Medalist
I hope Maia Shibutani manages to grow soon. They are both fabulous dancers and they're great together, but the height difference means that Alex has to bend over at the waist to get the correct hold for the CDs.

Exactly...but I really think Maia seems to be getting a bit taller every time I see her, especially during their OD. or it could just be wishful thinking. Also because of this disadvantage, Maia and Alex have to work slightly harder at everything (except maybe lifts) than other ice dancing teams, and that only shows their natural talent more.
There is stiff competition this year.

kate

On the Ice
Exactly...but I really think Maia seems to be getting a bit taller every time I see her, especially during their OD.

Igor and Marina are definitely geniuses at hiding their team's weaknesses though. They can carefully choreograph the OD and FD so the height difference isn't as noticeable.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm quite sure the body of the jacket is the Swallow/White jacket. Lord knows where Jerrod got that fabric. It's got to be the same. However the epaulets might be altered. There's some good photos in the Junior CD photo gallery on icenetwork. I think you don't have to register to see them.. Go to the Schedule, then to US championships, and the photo galleries are on the right hand side of the page, about half way down the page..

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=34540

Ice-Dance.com has their report of the CD up (with picture of "The Jacket")

http://www.ice-dance.com/events-results/reports/usnationals09/report-juniorcd.htm

Last edited:

100yen

Medalist
Igor and Marina are definitely geniuses at hiding their team's weaknesses though. They can carefully choreograph the OD and FD so the height difference isn't as noticeable.

Definitely. It is hard to be reminded of the height even during camel spins where it is pretty easy to see height and body differences. I hope tonight Maia and Alex will be able to perform a great FD which is their strong skate and pull ahead of Chock and Zuerlein, who just have a very "average" (for lack of better word) FD to me.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
According to the ice-dance CD report, Shibutanis' pattern was quite a bit bigger than Chock/Zuerlein's, which means the Shibs skated faster than C&Z in this CD. That would be a good thing.

Doris - To watch the CD live, one could easily tell what it is about Chock and Zurlein. Their edges and body leans are those of a Senior. For me, no other team comparies. The Shibutani's who I was rooting for were ok but C/Z are so basically correct throughout, I can't imagine what to look for in OD, which I wll miss due to a personal commitment in Cleveland.

Will catch both teams again together with Gilles/Donohue on Thursday. Btw. Tibbetts/Brubacker are coming along nicely but no medal this year.