Keiji Tanaka | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Keiji Tanaka

rRainbow

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Keiji's Official website:https://keiji-tanaka.com/

I translated the second half of Keiji's message posted under "- My Story" only as the message is very similar to his twitter message and his words at the retirement press conference.

"I have been supported by so many people throughout my competitive career.

To the school staff who have understood my dedication to figure skating and guided me, to the people involved in skating rinks all over Japan, including those at Healthpia Kurashiki, Rinkai Sports Center, and Hyogo Nishinomiya Ice Arena, where I have been based, to the Japan Skating Federation who have worked hard for the skaters in every situation, to the people who have taken care of me physically and mentally, to my friends who have always been there for me even though I could not see them because of practice, to my seniors and juniors who were my friends, who worked hard as skaters and grew together, to my fans who always believed in me and cheered me up through letters and gifts, and to my family who supported me with great love from the time I was a child until I retired, even though they had limited financial resources to support my skating which I had been doing selfishly, I would like to take this opportunity to express my profound gratitude. Without your support and cooperation, I would not have been able to complete my athletic career.

It has been a happy athletic career.
Thank you very much.
I sincerely hope that you will continue to support me in the future.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone involved at Prince Ice World for holding this press conference.
I am happy to be able to express my thoughts and feelings in my own voice.
And I will end my speech now."

rabidline

Final Flight
I don't think this has been posted, but Keiji had his retirement ceremony at the Kurashiki rink yesterday. Daisuke Takahashi, Misato Komatsubara, Tim Koleto, Yuto Kishina and Sena Miyake were in attendance; Daisuke was the one who handed Keiji his retirement flowers.

Keiji also skated- I think it's Primavera Portena (Spring in Buenos Aires) but I can be wrong.

Best of wishes for Keiji in the next stage of his career!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Great to know about Keiji's website! I'm going to edit it into the OP. It looks to be his own, right? Not a fan site. I see that English headlines and paragraphs in Japanese are quite trendy these days; the LYS club's has that layout, too.
Keiji is well-liked by his fellow skaters, I'm sure he'll have no shortage of students wanting to be coached by him.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Keiji will be one of the skaters in the Notte Stellata ice show, hosted by Yuzuru Hanyu and in commemoration of 3.11; there will be three shows 10-12 March.

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's a photo of Keiji Tanaka at Fantasy on Ice this Friday (Kobe Day 1):
B62QGLKW4JN5DIJSWN4BWOGC6U.jpg

Source: