3 Mid Ocean 50-1
4 Texas Red 8-1
5 Frammento 30-1
6 Frosted 6-1
7 Keen Ice 12-1
8 Tale of Verve 30-1
9 King of New York 50-1
10 Smart Transistion 20-1

An estimated crowd of 15,000 flocked to the track yesterday to watch American Pharoah work. Wow!

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As always Johar, thanks for all your information about the races. I thoroughly enjoy them.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Keen Ice. American Pharoah is still an amazing horse!

That's very true, Gail. While watching it, I thought AP was going to win until I saw Keen Ice pull up and all I said was.....Oh My God!! It was shocking because it seemed like KI came from no where.

Johar

Medalist
I am still shocked but kudos to Keen ice and his connections.

Victor Espinoza is now on Dancing With The Stars.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johar, we went to the Pennsylvania Derby on Saturday afternoon (only about 20 minutes away). Congrats to Frosted!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I am still shocked but kudos to Keen ice and his connections.

Victor Espinoza is now on Dancing With The Stars.
Thanks for the update. I thought the Travers was a great race. American Pharoah was able to fight of the attack from Frosted, so that was really good. AP would probably have won without that attack from Frosted. But as I listened to the commentary (the longer one, with the after race interviews) and I tought that it wasn't really fair to say that AP wasn't himself that day, because the time wasn't bad at all.
A watched Espinoza's DWTS performance and the clip before the dance and I found the story about his concussions and affected short term memory rather disturbing. Those jockeys put the horses through a lot, but themselves too.

Johar, we went to the Pennsylvania Derby on Saturday afternoon (only about 20 minutes away). Congrats to Frosted!
Frosted is such a looker!

Johar

Medalist
The 2002 Kentucky Derby winner, War Emblem, has been returned from Japan and will be at Old Friends in Kentucky. In the near future visitors will be able to see him. He is also retired from stud services.

Breeders' Cup is Ocotber 30 and 31st. American Pharoah will be running in the Classic on Saturday. His last race. Ever.

http://www.breederscup.com/races

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
The filly Beholder has lost only once in her last 11 starts. She will be facing American Pharoah in the Classic.

Johar

Medalist
Breeders' Cup Classic, Saturday, October 31st. TV: NBC. Post time 5:30

1. Tonalist, 4-1 (6-1)
2. Keen Ice, 8-1 (12-1)
3. Frosted, 12-1 (15-1)
4. American Pharoah, 4-5 (6-5)
5. Gleneagles, 20-1 (20-1)
6. Effinex, 20-1 (30-1)
7. Smooth Roller, 12-1 (15-1)
8. Hard Aces, 30-1 (50-1)
9. Honor Code, 5-1 (6-1)

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johar, what a race!! Yay!! for American Pharoah :cheer:

Victor said:

"He's the best," praised an emotional Espinoza. "He won easy. I knew it was going to be the last race and I was ready to ride him very hard but I didn't need to.

"He's amazing.

"I'm a little bit sad but he deserves to have a nice break. He's done so much, he has run so many times this year and I think it is time for him to step out and have a nice life."

American Pharoah heads into retirement having won nine of 11 career races and capturing the imagination of sports fans.

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
He is a true superstar! He is the Michelle Kwan/Yuna Kim of horse racing! He pulled away from the field like it was nothing!