Kentucky Derby Saturday, May 2nd | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kentucky Derby Saturday, May 2nd

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Currently, watching the coverage for the Belmont. They said the horses that could challenge American Pharoah are 1. Materiality and 2. Frosted. My dad would have loved Frosted, he loved the gray horses. When we had horse racing in my home city, my dad would go and check out all the horses. He loved the gray horse and would bet a fair sum on them....he never won much but he did this for years. It was kind of his ritual.

They are talking about American Pharoah's tail being chewed off and wearing ear plugs to drown out the noise.

All I know is these horses are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Johar

Medalist
Nervous tummy! I even missed an earlier race to get a 35 minute swim in to calm nerves.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Currently, watching the coverage for the Belmont. They said the horses that could challenge American Pharoah are 1. Materiality and 2. Frosted. My dad would have loved Frosted, he loved the gray horses. When we had horse racing in my home city, my dad would go and check out all the horses. He loved the gray horse and would bet a fair sum on them....he never won much but he did this for years. It was kind of his ritual.

They are talking about American Pharoah's tail being chewed off and wearing ear plugs to drown out the noise.

All I know is these horses are BEAUTIFUL!!!
I also like grey horses best and Frosted is extremely handsome with the blue/white colors. Especially all dirty and with the tongue out like in the Wood Memorial. I bet he's gonna win today. ;)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to American Pharoah, Victor Espinoza, Bob Baffert, and the Zayats! :cheer: :points: :biggrin:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
http://deadspin.com/this-is-what-it...source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflo
Split screen comparison between American Pharoah and Secretariat's Belmont Stakes races... Interesting...
Hmm ... I think it's interesting that it's not interesting. Totally different race, different strategies (as if Secretariat's team needed a strategy ...). Secretariat would have smashed any other horse on that day over that distance anyway, we already knew that. But that doesn't make AP's performance less impressive. He was going fast enough overall, no one challenged him for the lead until the stretch and he pulled away easily then. Obviously a very obedient horse, must be every jockey's dream. I hope that they'll not retire him early.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Agree PSUSANNE.... Interesting from the standpoint that it is a reminder of Secretariat's astonishing achievement. I too hope American Pharoah has a long healthy racing career.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am still on Cloud 9 I got to see a Triple Crown. I only waited 37 years.

:cheer: Thank God you posted! I have been waiting for your thoughts and am very happy that you're happy! :clap:

Johar

Medalist
American Pharoah was paraded at Churchill Downs last night during the broadcast for 2 other races on NBCSN. Did you see it? He thought he was going to race.