Kevin Reynolds | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
lowballed on pcs... as he was first to skate i guess... i like the idea of his new layout... to have big combos with loops... but i am not sure how this works out for base value... last year he was repeating both the 4s and 4t... not his repeated jumps are 3t and 3l... strange move

You know I honestly hate that his programs get such low PCS by judges a lot.

I see your point. I guess it eventually leads to higher points in the end cause I calculated if he landed that 4Lo with a little bit of positive he could have gotten 100 points in TES.

Not everything is going to be the same. But hey it worked in terms of TES. If it goes clean, which has potential to do so, then the TES could go to 100. Which then will lead me to screaming in happiness.

I think it's impressive that he's going for a 3F-3T-3Lo and a 3Lz-3Lo in the FP. And he only underrotated the loop in the 3-jump combo and he landed the 3Lz-3Lo cleanly. Those aren't easy to land even for men's singles. So props for him for going for it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You know I honestly hate that his programs get such low PCS by judges a lot.

I see your point. I guess it eventually leads to higher points in the end cause I calculated if he landed that 4Lo with a little bit of positive he could have gotten 100 points in TES.

Not everything is going to be the same. But hey it worked in terms of TES. If it goes clean, which has potential to do so, then the TES could go to 100. Which then will lead me to screaming in happiness.

I think it's impressive that he's going for a 3F-3T-3Lo and a 3Lz-3Lo in the FP. And he only underrotated the loop in the 3-jump combo and he landed the 3Lz-3Lo cleanly. Those aren't easy to land even for men's singles. So props for him for going for it.

two things : when you see kevin live in skate america, you will see why judges are not nice to him... he is still lowballed in my opinion, but he is extremely slow ... so that doesn't help... i think he compensates otherwise and sometimes judges appreciate his creativity... sometimes, they don't... and they didn't at worlds nor CoC.

second thing : he was planning to tag the second 3loop after the 3s !!! the fact that he did it after the lutz and did it cleaning is insane... WOW!!!!!

finally, i agree with your comment but since i have never seen him land a quad loop... i am a bit distracted by this new and creative big combos layout... its success really relies on rotating that quad loop....

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
two things : when you see kevin live in skate america, you will see why judges are not nice to him... he is still lowballed in my opinion, but he is extremely slow ... so that doesn't help... i think he compensates otherwise and sometimes judges appreciate his creativity... sometimes, they don't... and they didn't at worlds nor CoC.

second thing : he was planning to tag the second 3loop after the 3s !!! the fact that he did it after the lutz and did it cleaning is insane... WOW!!!!!

finally, i agree with your comment but since i have never seen him land a quad loop... i am a bit distracted by this new and creative big combos layout... its success really relies on rotating that quad loop....

I guess you're right on that I'll see for myself (Which reminds me...18 days left!). I mean I totally understand why hew doesn't have the best PCS in the world. Some programs I say, "Yeah...nope not going to reach 40/80 PCS."

Oh really?! Wow. Quick thinking of him!

I totally agree about rotation.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Despite it not being the best performance by Kevin, I have no regrets. I was happy to see him skate in person finally and have my wish come true by doing so.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The CBC chacked all the Canadian men singles skaters from its Skate America broadcast, but Radio-Canada Sports (the French version of CBC Sports) was kinder to them. Here's a 720p video of Kevin's LP (his short program wasn't aired): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6aonaz

musicfan80

Medalist
Good luck in the LP Kevin! :yahoo: I think if he is clean, he should have too much trouble staying in second place and going to the Olympics! :yes:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck in the LP Kevin! :yahoo: I think if he is clean, he should have too much trouble staying in second place and going to the Olympics! :yes:

I agree. I was like "AW MAN!" when I realized if he didn't pop the 4S into the 3S and that combo had the same GOE at least, he would have WON the SP. Which I would have died inside.

Speaking of reactions. When I saw he was in 1st with Patrick left to skate, I kind fell/slinked off my bed and started screaming and rolling side-to-side on the floor on my back.

Also I was wondering when others were going to post in her about Kevin at nationals besides me lol.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
5th place. Probably no Olympics. Regardless, I'm SO proud of him. I'm forever thankful I became a fan of him. He's one of only 2-3 people I consider to be inspirations to me. I loved his uniqueness in music choice which translated to the ice. And I'm proud to be a fan of him. I wish him the best whatever lies ahead of him in life and that he'll succeed at goals he wants to do.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well this is probably his last competition. I'm setting my alarm so I can watch him skate on livestream.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Great performance by Kevin...!

And I did a double-take when he did 4S-3T-3Lo...!

Did anyone ever land that combination before?
Was he aiming to make a bit of history there, in his last competition?
Unfortunately the 4S was called UR though :-/

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Really nice skate from Kevin .. he seemed so pleased and his coach was over the moon!! I love the look of him, somehow makes you want to give him a hug. He is very special...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had tears in my eyes watching that FP on livestream. I hugged my computer screen afterwards. It was SO beautiful. SOOOOOOO beautiful. What a way to end it. I don't care that the initial TES dropped by 12 points. The journey I went on being a fan of him since my 2nd semester of college/university up to now and forever hasn't been the smoothest, but I definitely enjoyed the journey. I'm going to miss his skating so much. But whatever he does in life afterwards, I hope he'll accomplish it. I'm forever grateful I became a fan of him and I'm proud to be a fan of him.