Kurt Browning and Alissa Czisny announce their marriage | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning and Alissa Czisny announce their marriage

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
They are married.
I knew Katia and David were a couple for awhile now, but I didn't know they had married. When did they tie the knot?

Ok, I checked and I can answer my own question: Katia and David married on July 23, 2020. During the pandemic year, so they must have done it w/o much fanfare, or even wedding guests.

Last edited:

kkermit

On the Ice
I knew Katia and David were a couple for awhile now, but I didn't know they had married. When did they tie the knot?

Ok, I checked and I can answer my own question: Katia and David married on July 23, 2020. During the pandemic year, so they must have done it w/o much fanfare, or even wedding guests.
Only 1 photo I believe is available from their wedding - here on David's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrsrR1LxIx/?hl=en
And Katia posted some cute photos to commemorate their 2nd anniversary: https://www.instagram.com/p/CgXGaGDLVUL/?hl=en

Brenda_Bottems

On the Ice
Are you shocked about them finding love or about the fact that skaters who we remember being young actually age?? The years pass by quickly. Be happy for love and blessings!
Sage words,dear. But at the risk of sounding negative or unnecessary,Kurt has not aged particularly well. He looks significantly older than 55 years old and that is emphasized in comparison to Alissa,who is very much a radiant and young-looking 35.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sage words,dear. But at the risk of sounding negative or unnecessary,Kurt has not aged particularly well. He looks significantly older than 55 years old and that is emphasized in comparison to Alissa,who is very much a radiant and young-looking 35.
Eh, Kurt is probably in better physical shape than many people both younger and older than he is. He began balding early, and he doesn't bother trying to camouflage his gray strands. I'm sure his wit, his sense of humor, and his zest for life are as sharp and abundant as ever. Alissa certainly sees something special in Kurt, as do his legion of fans from afar. I'm sure many of us can identify with Kurt being older, as we are older too, and some of us are years older than him. I ain't gonna judge or look down on any happy couple who are truly in love and able to make their own choices in life.

You can say this about Kurt, so I guess you can just go on down the line critiquing all the older skaters out there. Our bodies do age, but the essence of who we each are, never ages.

Go on with love, Alissa, Kurt; Katia, David; Michelle with her new bebe and her significant other. Go on everyone in love. šŸ„° #LoveWins!

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is the Father in the picture. I wish I'd seen it. She seems very happy and that's what really matters to me.
I had noticed a ring on her left ring finger as well when looking at still shots of her pregnancy video. There is one photo on her Instagram on 8/21/21 showing them together, I believe. Occasionally, youā€™ll see a glimpse of the same man off to the side in some of her Instagram stories.

For all we know, she could have gotten married again and just not told us LOL!

heyang

Record Breaker
I had noticed a ring on her left ring finger as well when looking at still shots of her pregnancy video. There is one photo on her Instagram on 8/21/21 showing them together, I believe. Occasionally, youā€™ll see a glimpse of the same man off to the side in some of her Instagram stories.

For all we know, she could have gotten married again and just not told us LOL!
This might be Michelle's fella https://www.instagram.com/p/CTQAf7MP9aT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link You might need to click to the next picture

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This might be Michelle's fella https://www.instagram.com/p/CTQAf7MP9aT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link You might need to click to the next picture
Of course that's him, as I mentioned to another poster awhile back. Yet, he's still unidentifiable. But apparently of Greek nationality or ancestry. I don't blame MK for keeping her new partnership very under-the-radar, especially after the negative over-publicity of her first marriage when the relationship began to sour.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Why? We don't know the details of Kurt/Sonia's break-up. For all we know, Sonia wished to move on first. She may be very happy. It looks like Kurt and Sonia were both discreet about their relationship troubles for the sake of their kids. I wouldn't jump to a conclusion that Sonia requires any of our sympathies. She may be in a fulfilling relationship of her own at this point too. The main thing is that their kids grew up happy, nurtured, and protected.
No, we certainly don't know the details of their relationship, but a divorce is never easy for anyone. It takes time to get over a divorce but, I'm sure Sonia will find her way as well.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
No, we certainly don't know the details of their relationship, but a divorce is never easy for anyone. It takes time to get over a divorce but, I'm sure Sonia will find her way as well.
Since we don't know any details, we wouldn't know whether or not Sonia has already moved on, and long ago "found her way," as you describe post-divorce life.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think the divorce was quite a few years ago, long before you posted here about Sonia's retirement. I actually reported that post, as it was off-topic for a FS forum, and correcting it would invite speculation about someone's private life that they had not publically announced.

Icey

Record Breaker
What kind of work has Alissa been doing since she graduated from college?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I saw this photo somewhere and I thought Kurt was giving away the bride lol. Well I hope they re happy. On a side noteis outfit has toomuch black ; i am disappointed in her dress selection. Ihve seen her in far nicer skating dresses. But to each their own.

noskates

Record Breaker
Kind of harsh scrutiny of the wedding photo. I thought it was beautiful, plain and tasteful. I don't remember Alissa's skating costumes being overly sparkly or garish. Maybe it's just her style. In any case, divorce aside, as you can see from my avatar Kurt is one of my two favorite skaters EVER (Hi Jason!) and I wish him nothing but happiness. He has certainly done more than his fair share to make skating fans happy. Other male skaters in his age group don't look like spring roosters, either. Can't we be happy for the couple and not be so picky?

Weathergal

Medalist
Kind of harsh scrutiny of the wedding photo. I thought it was beautiful, plain and tasteful. I don't remember Alissa's skating costumes being overly sparkly or garish. Maybe it's just her style. In any case, divorce aside, as you can see from my avatar Kurt is one of my two favorite skaters EVER (Hi Jason!) and I wish him nothing but happiness. He has certainly done more than his fair share to make skating fans happy. Other male skaters in his age group don't look like spring roosters, either. Can't we be happy for the couple and not be so picky?
Well said!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Katia coaches at the mall with Ravi Walia where Osmond skated and I think does some coaching while going to school. David does some skating lessons with the Oilers. Power skating type stuff.