Ladies final & LP results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies final & LP results

I don't care for that cutesy program, but your comment is inane. Of course the juniors aren't capable of senior programs, otherwise they would be seniors. As for how Murakami will be doing in 2-3 years, you may be omniscient. I'm not. However I'd put my money on this talented young lady.

^ I think in Luckyguy's last sentence he meant that in a couple of years Murakami will have progressed way beyond this level of program. :)

oleada

Record Breaker
I love the program. I like it when Juniors do carefree, fun programs. There's no need to skate to heavy music and pretend to be super serious and mature like you have the entire weight on your shoulders when you're so young. I wish more young skaters would do the same. :rock:

And this one is performed so well.

It's one of the reasons I absolutely loved Mirai's programs last year and I like Martiusheva/Rogonov's and Murakami's programs this year.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I don't care for that cutesy program, but your comment is inane. Of course the juniors aren't capable of senior programs, otherwise they would be seniors. As for how Murakami will be doing in 2-3 years, you may be omniscient. I'm not. However I'd put my money on this talented young lady.
I like the SP of Murakami very much as I liked the SP of Nagasu last year too. Their programs are exceptionally good and their level is extremely high. What I mean is that only 13-14 years old girls with their physical dispositions are able to skate such programs. This give them a big advantage over the skaters who are 16 years old or older when they skate in the same competition. But it is not a problem of the skaters, it is a problem of the age requirements.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. :cool:

Are you saying junior programs (or THESE junior programs) are harder than senior programs, and that the younger skaters should therefore be allowed to skate in sr. competitions?

If so, what specifically is harder about the junior programs? Just curious.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Please compare Nagasu´s skating last season and now. I think you have the answer to your question. At this point it seems she cannot reach the level of the last season.

I have problems with competitions where children compete against young women. I would like to see Murakami and Fujisawa compete against Polina Shelepen and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and not against Bereswill, Szmiett or Berton.

oleada

Record Breaker
Uh. Murakami is 14. Tuktamysheva is like 11. That is, imo, a bigger difference than 14 and 16, which is the age of Musademba, Gilles and Maxwell. I imagine that Shelepen will be on the JGP circuit next season when she is age eligible.

Why should Murakami and Fujisawa not compete against these skaters if they are age eligible and scoring well?

The difference between Nagasu skating last year and this year is that she is much taller, recovering from an ankle injury and now she is competing against World champions, and not junior skaters.

Your post makes little sense, imo.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
OK, we have a slight difference of opinion about it.

BTW: According to the following website of the Russian Figure Skating Federation ( http://www.goldskate.ru/schedule/CrystalSkate2008_eng.shtml ) was Tuktamysheva born 1995 or 1996. She is hardly only 11 now. It is sure that Murakami (born November 1994) is only one or two years older than Tuktamysheva. Nagasu did not compete at the Skate America for the first time against (Senior) World champions. She made this experience at the 2008 U.S. Championships too.

oleada

Record Breaker
A bit late - but Tuktamysheva was born Dec. 17, 1996, so she is in fact, only 11. ;)