Ladies LP from TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP from TV

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I got to see Irina's LP at COC today. I really like the choice of music and some on the thrown in choreograhpy...Although, it was vintage Irina.. I do have to say I thought her SP was incredible and I enjoyed it emensly.. The only thing I am worried for Irina is perhaps peaking too quickly... Did you notice after she finished her LP how out of breath she was!?! I mean she had a flat tire.. I'm sure she has more conditioning to do, but still...
I really enjoyed seeing a world champion Arakowa..I thought she looked great in her LP. I like the choice of music also and she flowed through every element.
That little Asada girl...she is a spitfire!! lol I'm excited to see her mature over the next fews years... Young ladies like her and Cizny might bring some viewers back to the world of figure skating..

Vash01

Medalist
I loved Shizuka's program and skating. Fantasie Impromptu is a difficult piece of musis to skate to, and she did an excellent job of interpreting it. Early in the year there was speculation (after Campbells ) that she was unhappy but she looked very happy with her skate at COC (and later at TEB). Tarasova also looked happy.

I liked Irina's high energy LP but I am concerned that she may get too tired when she is under pressure and high altitude in Torino. It is an ambitious program. She looked exhausted when she finished and she had not even done any 3-3 combinations (she did have a 3-2-2).

Mao is very cute and she jumps and flows really well, but she is still very unpolished. I hope she stays healthy in the years to come. I have great expectations of her.

Vash

qoo

Rinkside
Vash01 said:
a 3-2-2).Mao is very cute and she jumps and flows really well, but she is still very unpolished. I hope she stays healthy in the years to come. I have great expectations of her.

Vash

Mao holds her position longer than most of senior ladies...and she moves with the music.. her position is pretty nice in just about any movements her choreography requires her to be.

I have to wonder what is VERY unpolished about her.. could you care to explain to me?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
qoo said:
I have to wonder what is VERY unpolished about her.. could you care to explain to me?
I agree that many of her positions are nice and that she is musical, but she doesn't stretch to the end of her positions and she doesn't transition from one position to the other with the type of control that a Kwan or an Arakawa or a Liu or an Ando or a Cohen or even a Rochette does.

And those little hoppy things on points were done with horrible form.

Vash01

Medalist
qoo said:
Mao holds her position longer than most of senior ladies...and she moves with the music.. her position is pretty nice in just about any movements her choreography requires her to be.

She does not stretch (I think she will, given enough time). I was particularly bothered by her moving one hand to show snow flakes falling during a move. She is musical, and she covers the ice well, but she looks like a little girl (which she is), not like a mature lady skater. I do like her a lot though.

Vash

qoo

Rinkside
Vash01 said:
She does not stretch (I think she will, given enough time). I was particularly bothered by her moving one hand to show snow flakes falling during a move. She is musical, and she covers the ice well, but she looks like a little girl (which she is), not like a mature lady skater. I do like her a lot though.

Vash

Actually that part bothered me as well.. but her LP was choreographed by Lori Nichol and I wonder what she was thinking to provide such a juniorish program for her. I found her last year's LP to be more senior like...

Last edited: