Ladies Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm OK with Carolina being first. I think she showed a lot of power and speed out there. Mirai, while clean, definitely was still tentative (it's as if she was focused on being clean..)

alexeifan

On the Ice
Really happy for mirai but there is still much to work on. It was nice however to see the layback as no one in this competition could hold a candle to it!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Well, the fight for first and third place should be quite close tomorrow, I would think (barring complete meltdowns).

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
But I'm sorry, Caro's spins are just plain ugly. I am not surprised that she is in the lead, however, if Caro skates somewhat clean she leads.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Should be an interesting flight for the bronze -- Still only 1.75 behind 3rd and 8th. I still personally think that Adelina can come back and win it in the LP -- she has the technical goods and the beautiful artistry. And I'm still unsure whether Mirai can hold it together in the FS; that Spartacus program is not that strong.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I hope Mirai holds it together tomorrow. If Adelina goes clean it will be a hard act to follow. A bif IF though

alexeifan

On the Ice
Was disappointed to see GAO was so gangly not much artistry, was hoping for better with orser, he did so well with Yuna and Javier.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I hope Mirai holds it together tomorrow. If Adelina goes clean it will be a hard act to follow. A bif IF though

I think Adelina will go clean tomorrow. I think she got over whatever nervousness she had at the beginning of the program. But yeah, you never know...

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I was right about Kanako's jumps. She has a lot of work to do. Mirai and Adelina got "e" on the 3Lz. That's not good

alexeifan

On the Ice
I don't blame Adelina for being nervous, when I was her age I couldn't imagine skating at such an elite level.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I am not surprised that she is in the lead, however, if Caro skates somewhat clean she leads.
As Evangeline noted, not so at Skate America (which she should have won).

Mirai got an edge call on her lutz, and lost a level on the step sequence. Considering the difference in skating skills and the program each of them has, I think the PCS gap is fair.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals:

Carolina: Was marked appropriately for the bad 3L -1.40 GOE, other postiive GOE for everything else. She held on the levels for her spins this time (2 level 4 1 level three).
Mirai: Edge call on the Lutz (why doesn't she do a flip instead?) and level two on footwork; otherwise positive GOE on everything else
Adelina: Edge call on the Lutz, -3 GOE across the board +-1 deducation for the fall---otherwise solid on everything else.
Kanako - UR on the second 3T in combo, DG on 3Loop, level 2 on footwork, but solid everywhere else
Kexin - What a nice surprise. She got solid GOE on everything except the Lutz (where she put her hand down) two level four spins, one level three spin, and level three footwork.
Bingwa - Just one -1 GOE from one judge on the 3T. Good work; level two on footwoork (man the judges are really harsh on the levels there today!)
Valetina - negative GOE on the 3Z-2T, level two footwork and flying sit spin.
Christina- 2A -3 GOE/-1 deducation, edge call on the lutz, level two on footwork ; positive GOE on everything outside the 2A/3Z
Ksenia - DG on 3L, -3 on non-combo combo. But she had solid levels on everything else---when skated clena this program will score well.
Qiuying - UR on 3S and 3T on 3T-2T combo, level one on two spins and footwork.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I like Caro's LP much better than her short. And I guess there is a case to made that she should have won Skate Canada.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Really ridiculous +GOE scores for Kostner. That 3Toe-3Toe combination had relatively low height and distance, was barely rotated, nearly 2 footed, and no kind of special transition directly before or after...and yet it gets mostly +2 GOE's? Uhhhhhh? Her spins are adequate and nothing more. I'd have given 0 GOE to all of those elements. These judges threw her an extra 2.63 points.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Really ridiculous +GOE scores for Kostner. That 3Toe-3Toe combination had relatively low height and distance, was barely rotated, nearly 2 footed, and no kind of special transition directly before or after...and yet it gets mostly +2 GOE's? Uhhhhhh? Her spins are adequate and nothing more. I'd have given 0 GOE to all of those elements. These judges threw her an extra 2.63 points.
The Euro guys definately would agree with your opinion.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Sigh about Adelina..but she will come back strong I m sure, although from the russia cup her lp was not as strong as her sp, i dont know if the music fits her. But she grew up a lot, and thats good.
Kanako grew a lot too, very different than last year but her jumps are ouch..
Mirai was great :clap:
Carolina has the best sp of the season for me so far, love the music, her choreo, everything. Does a hand down on the jump get a deduction like a fall?