figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI 🇮🇹
The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone

3Tw4
3S<< (stepout by Rebecca, Filippo hangs on)
3Li4
3FTh (a bit forward)
FiDs4
StSq4
CCoSp4 (great unison!)

SP: 66.33 (2nd)

Love the pantsuit, love the program (except for the electric guitar cover), love the team. I can't wait to see the fight between them and Conti/Macii over the coming years towards the Olympics, they just need to wrangle down those SBS jumps.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everything nicely in order except the sbs jumps. Now they can go home and work on this last piece before NHK. Very nice outing.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Off to check up on Peacock Pacific Coast sectionals

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I would not rate Ghilardi/Ambrosini that high. Maybe around 65+. They are still a bit rough around the edges, with Ghilardi a bit jerky in setting up for elements. Their lifts are their strongest asset. Peng/ Wang are much smoother, but their partnership is still a work in progress. P/W's twist is surprisingly not very strong, but their sbs jump was solid.

Hocke/ Kunkel won SA in a weak field, with low scores. Clearly, Hocke not coming in with strong confidence here. The fp will be the proof, I suppose. Again, my predictions are not exactly great. At least, I did pick top five, even if not in the current correct order. 😬

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It was cool to hear quite a lot of rock music here. :D I'm a fan of rock music. It's my dream to see some program skated to any song of Queens of the Stone Age, my favourite contemporary rock band.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was cool to hear quite a lot of rock music here. :D I'm a fan of rock music. It's my dream to see some program skated to any song of Queens of the Stone Age, my favourite contemporary rock band.
There are many Rhythm dances to Queen this year. Here is one.

Last edited:

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I think Maria was the one who was injured and it seems like she is still struggling. I am glad they kept the program as it is a very good fit. Stay healthy and just hang in there.
Although I like the music, I find it's too ambitious for them. Too fast and they looked like they were rushing through it. Would be good in maybe 2 seasons. I think they need something slower right now.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
There are many Rhythm dances to Queen this year. Here is one.
Ares said "Queens of the Stone Age" which formed in the mid 90s in Seattle, not "Queen". Queen is an entirely different band and frankly overused in the Rhythm Dance.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ares said "Queens of the Stone Age" which formed in the mid 90s in Seattle, not "Queen". Queen is an entirely different band and frankly overused in the Rhythm Dance.
Sleepy me missed that

rain

Record Breaker
You can really see how much Deanna and Max have worked on the speed. They were flying. I've come to love this program. When I first saw it, it looked like they were trying to keep up with it, but now they are on top of it and it's terrific. I can see a huge standing O in Montreal if they hit at worlds.

Enjoyed Ghilardi/Ambrosini a lot as well. Lovely lift. Great unison on the spins — best of the event. Do they land the side by sides in practice? Because honestly it doesn't look like it. You could tell as they went into them (totally out of synch) that it wasn't going to be pretty.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
So, having just caught up.. are the Mokhovs a team that should be leaving their twist that late into the program?.

Peng and Wang are really shaping up to be a great team- they look so synchronised with each other already (especially in the side by side spins) and they've got great chemistry. I love their free skate, I can't wait to see it here.

Not as good as Skate Canada for Stellato Dudek and Deschamps but still the class of the field. Great short program for Ghilardhi and Ambrosini.. such a pity those side by side triples are still proving elusive but that lift was amazing.