Ladies Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

millie

Medalist
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Let's see how SPARTACUS does at World's, she won't get any 6.0's with that face or any other thing. She'll be judged under the GOP---No perfect 6.0's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: impossibe to get perfect scores.

dfj

On the Ice
millie said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Let's see how SPARTACUS does at World's, she won't get any 6.0's with that face or any other thing. She'll be judged under the GOP---No perfect 6.0's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: impossibe to get perfect scores.

Gee, not a fan?

Lucy25

Final Flight
millie said:

The Republican Party is going to be juding that event?? Wow, they really are trying to take over the world!

Back to the real world now. I love how the second Michelle does well somewhere, her detractors are already predicting her demise at a future competition. Heck they haven't even waited until this one is over yet to do it! No one has any idea how Michelle will score under COP, not even Michelle herself. It is foolish to predict failure when there is no evidence to support it.

Kuchana

On the Ice
millie said:

Amazing what bitterness can do to some people...just because Sasha didn't do so great you're taking it out on Michelle. Oh dear. :sheesh:

rtureck

Final Flight
Cohen bashfest...

I hope there won't be any Kwan bashfest.

About the near Michelle/Sasha collision--it was a bit close, however I have seen a lot closer! Michelle was in the air, Sasha took too sharp a turn (or something lie that), the crowd gasped and Michelle shrugged it off IMMEDIATELY! She kind of gestured to Sasha "no biggie" (hmmmm, that doesn't sound right!). Anyway, Michelle made it look right away that it was a non-event.

IIRC, probably before your time, there were some Kwan detractors here at GS blaming Kwan for not going to the press and held a press conference to publicly announce it was a non issue back in 2002. They held Kwan responsible to dispel everything the press said about Cohen in the 2002. When Kwan said it was just an accident in response to a question in an interview, was not enough for these ridiculous Kwan detractors.

BTW, Joesitz needs to tell us about the lp practice. I am sure Cohen will win the lp without any problem.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Millie have you seen Michelle's Spartacus? There may not be perfect scores under CoP but there is still a winner. I haven't seen the SPs yet but by the reports Michelle skated better than the rest of the field. Be it 6.0, CoP, or applause meter good skating is good skating. There is a reason Kwan has so many fans, one being she does her job, and lets the Zamboni do it's job. Unlike some skaters who evidently feel Mr. Z needs some help. ;)

Kuchana

On the Ice
Piel said:
There is a reason Kwan has so many fans, one being she does her job, and lets the Zamboni do it's job. Unlike some skaters who evidently feel Mr. Z needs some help. ;)

:rofl: I just had to laugh at that. Hehe

millie

Medalist
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I laughed also, right across Canada and right to rinkside in Portland :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You guys can give it :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: but you can't take it.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I just love smart and witty remarks like the ones provided by Millie. Let's all celebrate the epitome of objectivity known as millie.

mzheng

Record Breaker
VIETgrlTerifa said:
I just love smart and witty remarks like the ones provided by Millie. Let's all celebrate the epitome of objectivity known as millie.

She's been doing my favor to down play Kwan after SP. Seeing so many appraise of her, I'm afraid jinx her at LP.

You go MK :rock:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Folks, we're beating our heads against a brick wall here. Let "millie" have her fun. There's nothing worse then a "poor loser ". Sasha is a fantastic skater and deserves better fans than that....................42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
You're right Show. If I were Sasha I would be p***** that my fans did not think my skating could stand on it's own merit and needed them to try to insult the competition in an attempt to make me look better.

Millie you are more than welcome to come over to the light and celebrate the joy of being a Kwan fan.

Easy Mille - You are not on one of those boards that thrive on catty remarks constantly just to show how smart you are with all sorts of quips.

I saw the Short Program LIVE as you did I presume with your remarks about being in Portland: 1. Sasha skated beautifully. She had one little booboo but I don't think that was the 2nd place rationale. I don't think she did a combo. Did she? I don't remember.

2. Kwan was in her zone and when she's in the zone she is good. I like Spartacus very very very much and would now like her to make it her LP. I hate Ravel.

It's not the end of the world for either of them to come in second. They may be third and fourth in the Worlds. One never knows, does one?

Joe

Hikaru

Final Flight
Kuchana said:
Amazing what bitterness can do to some people...just because Sasha didn't do so great you're taking it out on Michelle. Oh dear. :sheesh:

I don't agree with millie's comments on Michelle and CoP, however, I think it is just as inappropriate from her as it is from you, Kuchana, to turn that comment into a "you-bashed-on-Michelle-so-I-bash-Sasha-now". Why don't just leave Cohen out of this? Let's all cool down, ok :)

Peace! :agree:

millie

Medalist
Ease up, I am only having fun with you guys. Why take things to heart. No matter what we say is not going to change the results of the Nationals. It's only skating and we are here to have fun and enjoy the moment. May the best man or woman win. I would come to the conclusion that I don't think any of them have sat on their behinds and waited for this moment to come in their lives. They have all worked hard and some have many ups and downs in their lives. I am a fan off figure skating, most of the time, not the skater. Some skaters are better than others and are better liked than others. Some time I sit back and read the cruel comments that are being said about Sasha. I don't think skaters enjoy when they fall or make a mistake. That's why I posted my previous thread, just think how the skaters must feel if they should by any chance read some of the things that are said about them. If a certain person doesn't win, its not the end of the world.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: to all the skaters

Crizzy

Rinkside
Congratulations to Michelle, Sasha, Jenny and all the US ladies out there! Now that round 1 is over can't wait for the grand finale!

Good luck US ladies and hope they kick butt internationally :rock:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm. Well, of course Kwan wouldn't get perfect scores under CoP, but she would get good GOE on her jumps, while Cohen would likely get -2 GOE on her 3Z combo for putting a hand down, and -1 GOE on her 2A for the wonky landing.

Both ladies will be debuting their programs under CoP at Worlds.