Lake Placid Adult Week 2023 & Local Resources | Golden Skate

Lake Placid Adult Week 2023 & Local Resources

christy

On the Ice
Anyone attending the Lake Placid Adult Week? And anyone know how much the group lessons will cost? iirc it used to be $10, but that was 2018.

mainiac159

Rinkside
Anyone attending the Lake Placid Adult Week? And anyone know how much the group lessons will cost? iirc it used to be $10, but that was 2018.
I am planning to attend! I think group lessons may be $15 now, as that is what they are charging the kids this summer. Check out the Orda site under Summer Skating. Looking forward to meeting you!

christy

On the Ice
I am planning to attend! I think group lessons may be $15 now, as that is what they are charging the kids this summer. Check out the Orda site under Summer Skating. Looking forward to meeting you!
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Have you been before?

christy

On the Ice
I've edited the subject to include a request for local resources. I know the Lake Placid Skate Shop closed a little while ago so wondering if there is a recommended sharpener? fitter? store for supplies (socks, etc) that have been forgotten?

Alberstol

Rinkside
I've edited the subject to include a request for local resources. I know the Lake Placid Skate Shop closed a little while ago so wondering if there is a recommended sharpener? fitter? store for supplies (socks, etc) that have been forgotten?
Dunno about supplies but some of the coaches are also skate techs who can sharpen. I'll be there too - looking forward to meeting you.

If anyone attending is by any chance still in need of accommodations, I have a spare bedroom in an Airbnb cottage that I'm hoping to fill - DM me.

christy

On the Ice
I messaged Mary a few weeks ago with a couple of questions but haven't had a reply. I'm hoping to do 4 days, but so far have only purchased a 3 day ticket as the system won't let me add a 3 day and 1 day ticket to the cart. Does anyone know if there's an issue buying tickets during the week?
Also any idea when they will publish the actual schedule of lessons so we can plan what to attend?

mtvessel

Spectator
I just signed up, I'll be there Thurs - Sat. This will be my first time at Lake Placid. Also wondering when they post the actual group class schedule.

Does anyone know how the patch sessions work? Do you have to sign up in advance, or is it first come, first served? Do they fill up? TIA!

mainiac159

Rinkside
I messaged Mary a few weeks ago with a couple of questions but haven't had a reply. I'm hoping to do 4 days, but so far have only purchased a 3 day ticket as the system won't let me add a 3 day and 1 day ticket to the cart. Does anyone know if there's an issue buying tickets during the week?
Also any idea when they will publish the actual schedule of lessons so we can plan what to attend?
Christy I am sure there will be no problem adding an extra day!

They used to send an email the group class schedule about a week in advance. Hoping to receive it soon!

mainiac159

Rinkside
I just signed up, I'll be there Thurs - Sat. This will be my first time at Lake Placid. Also wondering when they post the actual group class schedule.

Does anyone know how the patch sessions work? Do you have to sign up in advance, or is it first come, first served? Do they fill up? TIA!
I don't think there have ever been sign ups for Patch sessions, never that well attended. As I'm not a morning person I'm glad there are afternoon Patches!

christy

On the Ice
Christy I am sure there will be no problem adding an extra day!

They used to send an email the group class schedule about a week in advance. Hoping to receive it soon!
I was assuming they would be OK as it's extra revenue :wink:

It would be good to get the schedule to plan private lessons, although I messaged one of the coaches last week and still haven't hear back so may just wait until I'm there to decide if I should take any.

christy

On the Ice
I don't think there have ever been sign ups for Patch sessions, never that well attended. As I'm not a morning person I'm glad there are afternoon Patches!
I don't think they limit attendance at any of the sessions do they? I seem to recall the sessions were open to whoever turned up as the tickets aren't specific.

mainiac159

Rinkside
Hi fellow skaters!

Hope you all received the informative email from the Lake Placid Skating Office this afternoon. There are so many great classes listed! I am so looking forward to the week!

christy

On the Ice
Just checking it out now, Sad to see that it looks like you can only be in the group number if you are there from Monday :cry:
and interesting that we have to pay each coach. Assume that means carrying lots of cash?

mainiac159

Rinkside
Just checking it out now, Sad to see that it looks like you can only be in the group number if you are there from Monday :cry:
and interesting that we have to pay each coach. Assume that means carrying lots of cash?
Email the coach! I don't know her, but I bet she will save you a spot. It's been done in the past.
Lots of cash, or lots of checks, and I guess I need to download venmo.....

celia

Rinkside

Just show up. There's usually a 7am and a 8am, in the USA rink. 4-6 people at most. Easy to get the full width to yourself. People are easy-going.

celia

Rinkside
Email the coach! I don't know her, but I bet she will save you a spot. It's been done in the past.
Lots of cash, or lots of checks, and I guess I need to download venmo.....
Everything (group lessons, individual lessons arranged directly through coach) is paid through a ticket system at the box office. They take credit card.

mtvessel

Spectator
Everything (group lessons, individual lessons arranged directly through coach) is paid through a ticket system at the box office. They take credit card.
Apparently not this year. From the welcome packet:

There are NO TICKETS this year. Skaters will be
required to PAY the coaches DIRECTLY for CLASSES
and PRIVATE lessons. Please refer to the “Meet the
Coaches” page for information from each coach.