Lambiel doing lower level spins. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lambiel doing lower level spins.

havanamesa1

Rinkside
mzheng said:
ITA.

OK, he use low level spins, but what is his GOE? Can he use his ++ GOE to overcome other skater's multiple awkward position high level? The problem might be he does get some ++ GOE. But bad excution on high level spin does not get -- GOE. This is where kill him?

The judges obviously LOVE awkward and ugly looking spins and positions. Just look at the points Irina gets from her ugly and overused fake Biellmanns...

diver chick

On the Ice
Man give me Stephane and his lovely lines in spins over some of the ugly spins people are coming out with these days!! Aside from anything else, it cannot possibly be good for the body to be contorted into some of those ridiculous positions! In many ways I think Stephane is 'old school' skater where the empahsis is on creating a beautiful effect on the ice and the attention to detail is just as important as the quads. Personally I could watch a skater like Stephane skate all day and would never notice if he only did doubles because for me skating is not about how many times you can throw yourself around in the air. Granted a beautifully executed quad is a sight to behold but then so is a beautifully executed footwork sequence (Abts 2002 SP) or a beautifully executed spiral (Kwan) and the sooner the powers that be realise this I think the happier the skaters and fans will be.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
havanamesa1 said:
The judges obviously LOVE awkward and ugly looking spins and positions. Just look at the points Irina gets from her ugly and overused fake Biellmanns...

As much as I am a huge fan of Irina I have to agree with you. She is one of the only woman who does the Biellman, and in a way that is impressive, I would imagine if others arent even trying it she would still be one of the best of the current women at it, but they are still not done particularly well, it is an extremely difficult spin to do very well. I used to think they were better than they were, but after seeing Czisny's stunning Biellman it puts it more into perspective. To be honest I like her flying camel, where she hooks the foot around, her death drop, her layback with the catch foot, spins she sometimes does or has done in the past, all more than her Biellman over and over. Sometimes her last combo spins where she does both Biellman's is impressive, since she switches feet, but that should be the only Biellman in the program(still should lose points if she slows down or isnt centred totally though), but since the system rewards doing them over and over, that is what she does over and over. I cant blame her since it is what gets the points, but it shows a flaw in the system.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Just out of curiosity...How many years has Irina been doing the same combination spin in her SP and LP? Has she been doing the same spins since she came onto the scene?

antmanb

Record Breaker
equestrianguy said:
Just out of curiosity...How many years has Irina been doing the same combination spin in her SP and LP? Has she been doing the same spins since she came onto the scene?

I first watched slutskaya at 1996 Europeans and seem to remember the double Biellmann combo spin in the SP and LP.

Ant

jesslily

Final Flight
Stephane Lambiel's skating level was best at 2003 Europen. His spins, jumps, and presentation were all much better than last year and now. But he only paced 4th.