Langlois/Hay | Golden Skate

Langlois/Hay

sillylionlove

Medalist
They have withdrawn from the Grand Prix? Does anyone know why? I don't remember reading anything on here about injuries. (or maybe I did and don't remember and I can't seem to find anything now!!)

sillylionlove

Medalist
Thanks. I guess the injury has not healed as well as they would have liked although the article does not say that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's a bummer for the team. Here's hoping they get back in the game soon! Speedy recovery, Anabelle!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I have this feeling it was more related to all the lost training time than something going bad with her injury. She's been off the ice for quite some time and there's less than two weeks before SC to get their programs ready for competition. Maybe they felt like they didn't have enough time? I guess that doesn't really explain the NHK withdrawal but hopefully it's more related to training time than something with her injury. I love this team and hopefully they'll be fully ready for Canadians in January.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love this team and hopefully they'll be fully ready for Canadians in January.

Here, here! I was so sad when the injury was first reported and knew (obviously) that it didn't look good for the early part of the season. I hope they will indeed be in fighting trim come Canadian Nationals.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
What a pity, I was really looking forward to them competing during the Grand Prix. But weren't they just withdrawing from Skate Canada? I read that they still plan to compete in NHK. I'm dying to see their programs, I especially love their long programs from the past two seasons. I really hope they can be ready to compete really soon!

Tigger

Final Flight
Over at FSU, someone said they saw Anabelle still on crutches at The Mariposa Gala and that wasn't that long ago. Plus, it's an ankle/foot injury. Those can be tricky to heal properly sometimes. Both due to all of the bones, ligaments and tendons involved in the foot and ankle and because you are awfully tempted to rush or push things before you really should. Just because you think things are good to try putting a wee bit of weight on the foot/ankle because the pain has finally gone and/or you're beyond sick of using crutches, doesn't mean you should do it.

And yes, I'm speaking from experience up there. I really do hope the reason they've w/drawn is simply due to them wanting to make up for lost time and not because there's been complications.