Loena Hendrickx: 'I'm still a warrior!' | Golden Skate

Loena Hendrickx: 'I'm still a warrior!'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golden Skate catches up with Belgium's 🇧🇪 Loena Hendrickx in Zürich at "Art On Ice." The 2022 World silver medalist reflects on how she didn't feel fully prepared for Europeans, despite good training and practices.

Hendrickx also shares who she feels supports her the most, how doing shows help her love for skating, the development of the sport in her country, the inspiration for her 2021-22 free skate dress, and more.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also liked hearing how shows can recharge competitive skating, and also how Loena is encountering post-Olympic year for the first time and dealing with the stress of being the favorite.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I know these are PR articles and no one says I am tired, i have no concept for my programs or costumes but Loena to me is not a warrior or a defeated or tiring warrior. I expected her to dominate with Russia gone and Kaori struggling but she has been less than impressive and seems to have lost the fight. I thought her one outfit was a circus soleil or Vegas burlesque dress.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
These are pieces that we get from skaters. They aren't "PR" articles. They share what they share :laugh:
But "pieces" from skaters aren't they kind of PR or marketing? Regardless I hope we see Loena bring it. Less talk; show us the money lol.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But "pieces" from skaters aren't they kind of PR or marketing? Regardless I hope we see Loena bring it. Less talk; show us the money lol.

They're not "from" skaters, they are interviews from journalists for Golden Skate. And we are getting a lot of interesting new content in all of these different interviews.

Otherwise every interview ever would be considered marketing, which is hardly the case :laugh:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But "pieces" from skaters aren't they kind of PR or marketing?

I'm not sure what you mean? Golden Skate has been doing interviews and event coverage for years now. We are not a marketing or public relations agency. Most skaters, at least the ones who are popular, all have their own agents for that. "News" and "PR" are two separate things.