Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Maia Shibutani & Alex Shibutani

naz

On the Ice
What's going on with their short dance levels? :(

Another level 3 on the rotational lift, level 2 step sequences... I really really hope they can fix everything by the GPF :cry:

JMJ2015

Rinkside
Can anyone give a link to the SD at CoC with English commentary? I can find B Esp coverage for pretty much every skater at the event except Maia and Alex. The same is true with Skate America; I never heard a commentary and I still rely on commentary to verify my amateur impressions. I don't understand why my favorite team is the one I can't find commentary for but if anyone knows where to find it I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well but they don't need to win CoC to be in GPF, I guess that's why. W/P needs to win.

Barb

Record Breaker
Can anyone give a link to the SD at CoC with English commentary? I can find B Esp coverage for pretty much every skater at the event except Maia and Alex. The same is true with Skate America; I never heard a commentary and I still rely on commentary to verify my amateur impressions. I don't understand why my favorite team is the one I can't find commentary for but if anyone knows where to find it I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzXuYWIy71Y

rosacotton

Final Flight
Congratulations Maia and Alex for winning Cup of China and punching your tickets to the GPF!! :yahoo: :hap10: (Plus kudos on winning both grand prix events -- this is a first, yes?)

Their FD is growing on me, and I thought their performance wonderful; there was a calming quality to it all IMO.

Go ShibSibs!

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
:biggrin: I am getting so excited about Maia and Alex at the GPF! I don't think they've ever medaled at the GPF before, correct?

naz

On the Ice
I was just rewatching the gala finale, and I noticed again that Alex almost dropped Maia at the end of their turn to go and show off their moves. I think it's cute that he gets so excited during the galas that he starts to go full-speed, but we do need our girl Maia safe! :laugh:

Right here!

Barb

Record Breaker
I was just rewatching the gala finale, and I noticed again that Alex almost dropped Maia at the end of their turn to go and show off their moves. I think it's cute that he gets so excited during the galas that he starts to go full-speed, but we do need our girl Maia safe! :laugh:

Right here!

yes, I noted it too and when Maia is falling she holds Alex like¨ if I fall, you will fall too ¨ :laugh:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to the Shibs on the their second gold and securing a place in the final. Let's hope that this year neither of them contracts food poisoning and are healthy! I'm sure Alex will be extra careful with what he eats in Marseille!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
They definitely took after their mother! The freckels are freaking adorable :luv17: