Men SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men SP

penguin girl

Rinkside
Boy I was never a big fan of Brian, but that was one awesome sp! I loved Takahashi last year and am soooo bummed about his injury. But at least now there's hope! Go Brian!

But I am so gosh darn happy for Adam Rippon! I'm a little curious as to why Morosov didn't straighten his hair for Russia of all places--I think the straight hair makes him look quite Russian. But it seems to be working in his favor!

Last edited by a moderator:

lmarie086

Medalist
Disregarding his mistakes, I am really starting to like Borodulin's skating. He's got great potential IMO. Hope he has a better skate tomorrow.

A bit OT, but while watching his SP I remembered that I played "Russian Sailors Dance" back when I was like, 12, band class. Just a random memory lol.

efreedman

On the Ice
Adam Rippon

But I am so gosh darn happy for Adam Rippon! I'm a little curious as to why Morosov didn't straighten his hair for Russia of all places--I think the straight hair makes him look quite Russian. But it seems to be working in his favor!

So am I. I sent him a congratulations and happy birthday message and asked what he had to do in order to get Morosov let him skate with curly hair. It's interesting that he reverted to his last year's SP with which he obviously feels far more comfortable. I think that being able to skate with his natural curls gave him more "lift". The big question is whether or not he'll be skating his "clown" LP.

Final Flight
rippon - aka new favorite. such vivacity and expression. haven't seen that in a while. cute out of place smiling - that....ironically works as supposed to ben agosto.....haha yeah

voronov- interesting movement on ice - landing arm positions etc. i like the music.

uspenski - nice hair. great drama and musicality.

joubert- wow....too much fun. hahahahahha he's back...so far.

the rest of the men...meh too lazy.

abbot- stabbed me in the back :( WHY?!

L

LKR722

I'm looking at the men's short programs right now, and I just have to say I loved Adam!!:love: He had so much energy and is adorable. I can't wait till I get to Brian's SP. :biggrin:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Joubert's scores will allow him to come out to the LP and just take a bow. This was his best ever.

It was fabulous... I can't help think is that Joubert who use to be boring. And those hand motions. (such a guy thing to do :laugh: I guess even a French guy)

I think Joubert is really the best performer of all the men now that Daisuke/Lambiel are gone. It's nice to see, something different..

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Great job , Brian ! :clap:
I love it ! It’s so much fun, good choreography and really fits him.
It was also hilarious when he looked like he was charming Tarasova during the performance. :laugh: Tarasova also looked really enjoying it.

It looks unbeatable already. I’ve never been a big fan of him before but I was rooting for him for this event and seeing this, he became my second favorite skater now after Johnny .
Last result at TEB might make him even more fire. Really well done. Hope he will do his best again in FP. Go Brian !

I’m glad Adam did great job, too. Jeremy still has chance to be on the podium.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
SP Results:

1 Brian JOUBERT FRA 86.10
2 Tomas VERNER CZE 73.20
3 Adam RIPPON USA 71.62
4 Alban PREAUBERT FRA 71.60
5 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 69.68
6 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 68.80
7 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 66.21
8 Chengjiang LI CHN 62.95
9 Alexander USPENSKI RUS 62.60
10 Vaughn CHIPEUR CAN 59.60
11 Artem BORODULIN RUS 58.84
12 Sergei VORONOV RUS 58.50

Bennett

Record Breaker
i checked the planned element sheet and am glad that tomas's LP plan looks a lot more realistic than the previous planned elements. but why doesn't he have 3-3 combos at all, instead of 3-2?

ks777

Record Breaker
I watched Brian Joubert's SP and I must admit how much I enjoy his program. This program is very much like an old system program and I really love it! He has so much connections with audience! I just loved it!

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
BTW I loved Tatiana Tarasova's reaction to Brian's program!!!!
I thought it was hilarious that during one of Brian's "flirty" bits he should be right in front of her - and I loved how they both played along!!
She even stood up to acclaim his performance. One could tell she was genuinly happy for him. Long live Tatiana!

Did anyone see Plushenko's reaction?

Bennett

Record Breaker
BTW I loved Tatiana Tarasova's reaction to Brian's program!!!!
I thought it was hilarious that during one of Brian's "flirty" bits he should be right in front of her - and I loved how they both played along!!
She even stood up to acclaim his performance. One could tell she was genuinly happy for him. Long live Tatiana!

Did TAT choreographed his programs?