Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST

Lotta

On the Ice
I can't believe that a bunch of guys would make my heart beat in a non-romantic way.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Chan actually has the highest TES so far. Now take away some of that GOE if you believe the judges are inflating, he still did enough technically to be up there. And his skating ability, well, this was about 90%, but with what he started with, it's still out of this world. I can't fault his score. Also, that deep spread eagle into the 3loop was something else. \o/

KMK0902

On the Ice
Everybody here kills me. Go look at the protocols, his straight line step sequence was level 4 with positive GOE of +2 which was so deserved. This equals 5.90 for this element. You guys complain that plushenkos program is empty, but then you complain when a complete skater like Patrick gets high marks on his non jump elements. Has nothing to do with it being Canada, he has a great program with great inbetweens and great non jump elements. He fell on one triple axel and stepped out of the triple lutz, both of which he got negative GOE on. Deal with it.

couldn't agree more - well put!!

I'll take Patrick with a fall and a step out over "2 quad Plushenko" any day!

Face2Mac

On the Ice
Did yall just see that look back from Plush to Evan? Priceless.

Evan's so nervous. I am rooting for him.

I don't think I can watch.

leruiz

Rinkside
I'm so excited for the last group. My heart can't stop beating. Hope everyone does great but especially Plushy, Lambiel, and Weir followed by Taka and Evan.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Plushy looks so calm and in control. He is the iceman. Now here's Evan... they're saying he had a tight warm up. Come on Evan.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
And Jeremy has climbed to 9th!

Yeah, wow!

Oh look, NBC's showing a dramatic preview of the top three. Or at least an attempt at drama.
Love Plushenko's vest-of-red-and-silver shiny stones. :rolleye:

And Evan's up! First in the final flight. Don't make this easy for Plushy, please.

BigJohn

On the Ice
As a proud Canadian on this board , I can now say I know how it must have felt being French in the USA during the Freedom Fries era.

Alatariel

On the Ice
Anyway, I don't want to think about the cheater chan and the ridiculous gifts.

I hope all these guys do their best right now!

aurora100

Final Flight
I think Kozuka should have been higher than Chan this go round. Both have the best potential of all the young men right now.

I'm sorry. Yes Kozuka is a beautiful tehnical skater. His jumps are beautiful but he can add a lot more in between. Chan more than made up for his mistakes in jumps by his transition and footwork. I don't believe Chan will make the podium since everyone from here on will get more than their personal bests even in pairs but Chan has beautiful skating skills.