Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST

bibi24

Final Flight
Would someone mind describing what Johnny did? ISU doesn't have its site updated, NBC just lists results as far as I can tell, and I won't download NBC's video player because I use Mozilla and anyway video practically crashes my slow connection. I see he skated clean and well and someone said he was gracious in trying to calm a booing crowd, so I guess his scores were in wuzrobbed land in many folks' view, but could someone just give me a plain English description of how he did? What did he do jumpwise? Did he rock it and enjoy himself? Thanks~

Congrats to the medalists, can't believe Plushy didn't win, good though for Evan (and really for Frank!) and so happy for Dai all in all.

you can check protocols, (click on the PLUS+ sign to expand each skater's elements)
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympi...and-results/men-free-skating_fsm010101eh.html

jfdw

Rinkside
Hello
Well Alatariel that is quite a statement. Then tell if what you say is true how come Alexe Yagudin won in Salt Lake City as far I can remember that city is in North America.

So am I to presume because he won in North America he did not deserve to in your opinion. I think not Alexei won because he deserved it. Plushenko lost because he was not up to his usual standards.

Plushenko has two Olympic silver and one gold and as he said that is by no means bad. He did not win to-night but many others had their hopes dashed too. He is not used to being in this position but at one time or another everyone does not always win and this time for him unforutnately it is the way it is.
The results are what they are get over it and move on. A statement like yours is sour grapes and poor sportsmanship.
jfdw

Last edited:

screech

Final Flight
Would someone mind describing what Johnny did?

Detailed results at http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-figure-skating/schedule-and-results/men-free-skating_fsm010101eh.html
Just click on the + on the far right by his name for the detailed result. Basically he landed every jump but got -GOE for his triple flip because it took off a pretty serious outside edge. He also got -GOE on his flying sit spin because he caught his toepick and had to come out early. He had higher TES than Dai, Chan and Lambiel. His PCS were 5-6 points lower than Chan, Lambiel, Dai, Lysacek and Plush. (speaking of which, how did Plush get higher PCS than Chan?)

Hope that helps you out!

chiocciola

On the Ice
Plush and Mishin did not have any criticisms, they have credit to all other skaters I repeat for the 100th time, don't you understand that it's just a game??? We hear his interviews here in Russian, he does say that leaving out quads means regressingm but at the same time he very much appreciated the way people skate nowdays, it's just that he didn't have both time and stregth to catch up in all that...

And please stop this filth!

Ice-Lady

Rinkside
Hello
Well Alatariel that is quite a statement. Then tell if what you say is true how come Alexe Yagudin won in Salt Lake City as far I can remember that city is in North America.

So am I to presume because he won in North America he did not deserve to in your opinion. I think not Alexei won because he deserved it. Plushenko lost because he was not up to his usual standards.

Plushenko has two Olympic silver and one gold and as he said that is by no means bad. He did not win to-night but many other had their hopes dashed to. He is not used to this position but at one time or another everyone does not always win and this time for him unforutnatel it is the way it is.
The results are what they are get over it and move on .
jfdw

Because judges couldn't do anything. Yagudin and Plush were not just better, they were thousand times better than the rest. But do oyu think it's normal, that someone have to show the very best, and for other skaters it's enough to be not bad.

screech

Final Flight
So, Chan should never ever been on the podium, because he is the most arrogant skater without any achievments

So being world silver medalist, 4CC champ last year, former world junior silver medalist, won some GP events, twice qualified for the GPF, winner of the national novice, junior and senior titles - and all his senior accomplishments in less than 4 years since starting to skate at the level (including top 10 at his first ever worlds, 2nd at his second ever)... nope, no achievements.

Ice-Lady

Rinkside
Also, do keep your crying towel handy, as you will need it when the Russians again come up short in the dance competition, just like in the pairs. :))

I think my behaviour was pol. So please treat me in the same way.
About dances... You know the results right now? So you mean, there are some kinds of ... between judges?

Alatariel

On the Ice
Plush and Mishin did not have any criticisms, they have credit to all other skaters I repeat for the 100th time, don't you understand that it's just a game??? We hear his interviews here in Russian, he does say that leaving out quads means regressingm but at the same time he very much appreciated the way people skate nowdays, it's just that he didn't have both time and stregth to catch up in all that...

And please stop this filth!

Umm, they sure had criticisms, you ought to read a bit more. Or at least Plushenko did, and rightfully so.

UM84

On the Ice
Evan is the champ and he deserved it. They were seperated by less then a point, his jumps were cleaner then Plushenkos. If you want to complain about something, think about how Johnny SHOULD of had the bronze medal maybe higher. Both of his programs were very under scored

Ice-Lady

Rinkside
So being world silver medalist, 4CC champ last year, former world junior silver medalist, won some GP events, twice qualified for the GPF, winner of the national novice, junior and senior titles - and all his senior accomplishments in less than 4 years since starting to skate at the level (including top 10 at his first ever worlds, 2nd at his second ever)... nope, no achievements.

It's nothing comparing to person he critucizes. I compare the acchievments at tha same age of 19.

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi Alatariel
I have nothing against people being unhappy about results. Everyone wants their favorite to win. What I object to is the way in which it is said. Your statement to me means that everyone that has won any medal while competing in North America did not deserve it. There have been many medals won by non North Americans in competitions held in North America.

You may not have meant it to sound that way but that is how I understood it.

There have been many who have won that many think should not have but the results cannot change so I think that people's disappoinment can be posted in a more respectful way than yours was.

How ever that being said everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yours differs from mine but I repect your right to feel the way you do. Let us agree to disagree respectfully.
jfdw

Last edited:

chiocciola

On the Ice
I think my behaviour was pol. So please treat me in the same way.
About dances... You know the results right now? So you mean, there are some kinds of ... between judges?

I can't understand what was wrong with pairs judging? I thought K/S could have been even 2nd after the short, they were perfect, flawless and very artistic, the most touching, evrth was there, TES, PCS, music, emotions...

What's for dancing...What do you have against Domnina and Shabalin? Do you think they are worse than Americans, French and Canadians? I don't. They may perform better or worse, but technically there are many good pairs of the same level, it's gonna be very subjective and if Canadians skate well, they are going to win, BUT I saw one of their programs in some GP, they were perfect, breathtaking... I do not mind their winning IF THEY SKATE WELL not with biased overscoring)))

chiocciola

On the Ice
Umm, they sure had criticisms, you ought to read a bit more. Or at least Plushenko did, and rightfully so.

I do read o lot, people often see and hear what they want to see or hear, not necessarily it should coincide with what a teller actually out in those words...

UM84

On the Ice
IMO what kept Plushenko away from gold was his own arrogance. Plus, look back to Torino, if it wasn't for Evan being sick he probably would of got a medal.

Ice-Lady

Rinkside
I can't understand what was wrong with pairs judging? I thought K/S could have been even 2nd after the short, they were perfect, flawless and very artistic, the most touching, evrth was there, TES, PCS, music, emotions...

What's for dancing...What do you have against Domnina and Shabalin? Do you think they are worse than Americans, French and Canadians? I don't. They may perform better or worse, but technically there are many good pairs of the same level, it's gonna be very subjective and if Canadians skate well, they are going to win, BUT I saw one of their programs in some GP, they were perfect, breathtaking... I do not mind their winning IF THEY SKATE WELL not with biased overscoring)))

Are you kidding me? I love them. Where did you read, that i don't like them.

taikwan

On the Ice
Johnny - skating the way he did.....and 6th place, still??? THAT is my major disappointment with the process

Alatariel

On the Ice
whole post

I tell it how I see it, and if you don't like it, well it really is not my problem. And really, spare me the respectful nonsense. I wonder where the respectful bit was when the media and Canadian skaters, old and present, were trashing Plushenko ... right soooo respectful you lot. Tell it to somebody else will you?

By the way, as anyone out there who bothers to go back a few pages can see, I am not miffed that anyone in particular lost, I am disgusted Lysacek won with that performance. Plushenko lost it all by himself, he has no one to blame considering he knew what was waiting for him if that is what you are thinking I am not pleased about.

I do read o lot, people often see and hear what they want to see or hear, not necessarily it should coincide with what a teller actually out in those words...

Obviously you don't, go listen to his interview after the medal ceremony, he was more than unhappy.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still stand by my belief that Lysacek was overscored in the SP (he never should have been as high as Daisuke and Evgeni) and had he been scored the way he should have been in that phase of the competition, then Plushenko would have won overall. Evan winning is the mens' equivalent of Sarah Hughes winning the Olympics in 2002. BARF! :disapp:

I'm also disappointed that Sandra and Scott went on and on after Plushenko's performance that his jumps were tight and he was struggling and fighting to land them. HELLO!, Lysacek's jumps were the same way, tight with no flow and very little speed coming out of the landings. I seriously hate biased commentary, on network television broadcasting to millions of people especially!

Last edited: