Men's Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Ravyn Rant said:
AAACK! For crying out loud, what's it going to take to convince you that people like Lambiel? He's got two World Championships and an Olympic silver medal, and you're still not happy. Do the judges have to build him a shrine?
Maybe you should switch to decaf.
xoxo
Rave

What would convince me:

1)they dont credit him for doing only a double jump on jumps that were triples.
2)they give the spin scores he deserves
3)they give him an event that is close enough they did not have to do so.

So far 0 for 3.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ravyn Rant said:
AAACK! For crying out loud, what's it going to take to convince you that people like Lambiel? He's got two World Championships and an Olympic silver medal, and you're still not happy. Do the judges have to build him a shrine?
Maybe you should switch to decaf.
xoxo
Rave
Rave, wasn't Slutskayafan21 sticking up for Stephane???

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JillLaQ said:
And while I'm on the subject, I read somewhere that he was disappointed with the Olympics and was bugged about everyone taking shots at him. Why? Since when does Johnny Weir give a rip about what anyone thinks? Or is all that just an act??? Makes one wonder.....
Well, anyway, I wish him the best for next season.
I agree Jill. If Johnny can be outspoken he should appreciate that others can be too. I think he needs to let go of the Princess Johnny stuff and get serious.

I would love to see him have a coach like Tatianna. Alexei threw tantrums in the early days but she whipped him into shape. I remember one practice session where she kept making him do a jump over and over and he kept falling. Finally, he just laid on the ice and was punching the ice with his skate. She lets out one roar and up he jumped. :laugh: :laugh: She was a no nonsense coach. I think Johnny needs a BIG MEAN COACH.

Dee

curious

Final Flight
Jasper said:
Plushenko gets great height on his jumps and always lands them strong, but I don't find his air positions very aesthetically pleasing. They're not as tight and easy as, for example, Weir and Buttle's jumps when they're landed.

Why don't you ask your boy Lambiel who is the best technical skater in the world(said he wanted to jump like him in an interview(dream on lol!) After all he had to go to Mishin's camp to learn how to LAND a QUAD consistently in comps:biggrin:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
If Johnny can be outspoken he should appreciate that others can be too.

THANK YOU :clap: that's all I've ever asked of Johnny as a fan of the sport...

if you're gonna dish it out, you better take it!

soogar

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Lambiel did not have his triple axel counted and it was counted as a double instead. That is so stupid, it is the kind of unfair treatment he has always had to put up with, but as I said with everybody bending over backwards to work agianst him he still comes out on top. He would have scored over 160 if his triple axel was counted as it SHOULD have, it was in no way underrotated enough not to count.

Give it up.. he won!