Men's LP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

beep_beep

Medalist
Konspiracy time!!

Amodio was forced to use lyrics because the Russian fed pressured Morozov, so Gachinski would place above him. Same with Oda's three 3T.

This is how Gachinski medalled :p

(And, please I'm joking, just thought I should warn :biggrin:)
I didn't like his program, but he landed the jumps and the other that could medal screwed up...

smia

Rinkside
Happy for Patrick, not his best skate but good enough.
Nice to see Kozuka with the silver but I wish it had been Oda, so disappointed that he lost out on a medal because of some foolish error.
Gachinski - meh. I rather liked the music but his skating is too ragged for my taste. I haven't liked a Russian male single skater since Kulik and Yagudin. Much preferred Oda and Brezina (but I'm glad to see the last of that An American In Paris program, one season was more than enough).

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Wow wow wow! That was brilliant! Now men skating is getting interesting again and I almost lost hope after Vancouver... Great skate from all the medalists! Great quads from them too! That's exactly what I wanted to see at Worlds!
Chan left me speechless... I never liked him before, but now I'm ready to give him standing ovations and say: yes, that's the real champion! And he will be even better, I'm sure with a little bit more work on triple axels.
And Kozuka... another fantastic skate! Well deserved! There's also a place for improvement, I would like to see more emotions from him, but he was just great and will be better in future too!
Gachinski's bronze... wow... didn't expect it at all, but he deserves it! It was a great skate with quad and two triple axels. It's not his fault or his problem that Oda and Takahashi didn't skate well. I feel sorry for them though. Brezina was very good with two quads and he could've been third but there were two falls too.
Congrats to all the medalists!

gmyers

Record Breaker
I am totally thrilled at who medaled!

Also that both Brezina and Fernandez did two kinds of quads. Amazing from them.

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
I think GACHINSKI's PCS is grossly inflated. His IN score should be lower than Florent's and his PE score lower than Daisuke's. I would rather see Michal BREZINA on the podium than that boring Plushy want-to-be.

russell30

Final Flight
The Americans have a lot to do to catch up with Chan and the Japanese, even Amodio and Brezina.

I am for sure Lysacek has moved on (like Kwan, Cohen before him he is keeping himslef in the public eye to rake the money in, that why he has not officially announced retirement)

Weir has the IT factor and is raking the money in (good for him) and the last we will see of him too!!

so yes its down to the likes of Dornbush, Rippon to move it forward

Abbott has it all, but mentally has not got it and time is running out for him (sorry Jeremy!!)

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yes, US gets two spots.

Oh well, thank goodness the one spot nighmare scenario didn't play out at least. And now I'm excited to see Dornbush and Miner next season. Hopefully they will keep improving. New talent needs to start somewhere. But sigh. Now the U.S. nationals will be as tense as the women's with only two spots on the line. Can you imagine? Could be anyone next year!! Could be Jeremy and Adam if they manage to comeback from this miserable season. Imagine it's them and they get the three spots back. Weirdness...

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I'm so happy for the Gold and Silver medalists! Well deserved!!! For the broze, I take it as a Thank you for Moscow.
Glad Oda had a solid skate, although he was quite reserved I still feel his score was quite low. His jumps were surreal.

lavender

Record Breaker
The US will hear now. Richard did great. When was the last time that we only has 2 spots for the men.

I was so afraid this would happen with the bronze as soon as russia asked for worlds.

I agree. Congrats to Chan and Kozuka. Hopefully things will go back to being right until Sochi because Artur was gifted a bronze.

Congrats to the podium ... glad for Japan got a medal at last!!!

Did you mean for this competition because Dai won worlds last year.

Last edited:
Perosnally I think Miner and Dornbush were underscored in PCS. While they lack polish, they at least have transitions and other things and there is no reason why they had such lower PCS than Gachinsky. Bleh.

Also worth noting that in TES, Miner and Dornbush were 6th and 7th. So if TES was the only determinant they would have had 3 spots. Well, I kid. In any case, I think they were great debuts, Dornbush had a solid debut with a 8th place finish, Miner matched Abbott's debut in 11th. Bradley did has his best finish, though he was disappointing in his FS.

Overall I think this competition should show that there is a future in U.S. Men's figure skating...
I totally agree. Read my post above on Gachinsky. He's an imposter we will be putting up with till Sochi.

However, the Mens Division has so much more going for it than the Ladies. I salute the whole Field.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The US will hear now. Richard did great. When was the last time that we only has 2 spots for the men.

I agree. Congrats to Chan and Kozuka. Hopefully things will go back to being right until Sochi because Artur was gifted a bronze.

I think 1999? It's hard to tell.

fscric

On the Ice
Congratulations to Patrick Chan and Takahiko Kozuka, I like these 2 skaters the best and they won gold and silver. This made my day.

If their skates appeared on youtube, please post the links so that I can watch them.

russell30

Final Flight
Maybe Ando, Asada, Kim all skate clean but Leonova and Makarova get enflated scores and one gets the bronze, another thank you to Moscow.

If only I was skating and skating for Russia

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Remember NMURA at the beginning of the season, who said that the other federations were hoping Kozuka made the team because he'd be easy to beat; how he'd never really land a quad?

Yeah, so happy that ended up wrong.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What a heart break for Oda!!!!

I thought I retired this last year.

Oh, Nobu, Nobu, Nobu.

The QR didn't hurt Kozuka, did it? Told you so!

MichaelK

Rinkside
I didn't like Gachinsky's program and there probably was a bit of PCS inflation in his scores. On the other hand, nobody behind him was clearly better. Brezina took himself out with the two falls at the end, Oda screwed up the maths and Takahashi better check his skates before the competition.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Abbott has it all, but mentally has not got it and time is running out for him (sorry Jeremy!!)

Abbott said he'll stay till Sochi.:) So we'll have chance to see his programs!:yes: But he might never overcome his nerves. (I didn't say that.)

Tigger

Final Flight
Patrick Chan World Champion!!

DAMN that sounds good.

For those who can't handle it...Too bad!! :D

A skater's skater has won again (Dai is another one of those IMO) which is an excellent thing for the sport.

Okay now...Russian Members, you're not going to like this, so you're warned....

That Medal Ceremony was wonderful. That is until it was time for the playing of Oh Canada. I don't care who made that bush league decision to play a shortened version of Oh Canada, in fact it could have been any Gold Medalist's Anthem other than a Russian skater, and I'll get to that in a minute, because no one who wins a World Title in any sport deserves that!!

If you talk to any Athlete, what do they look forward to the most? What do they dream of? Standing on that top spot w/their Anthem playing and singing along w/it. Patrick did not get that. However, I'm betting that if Artur had pulled off one hell of an upset, we would have heard the complete Russian National Anthem in all it's glory.

That was disgusting and I was so impressed by how Moscow was pulling these Championships off too. It really did look like they'd pulled of a wonderful and classy event. Up to the Medal Ceremony that is.

As I said before...I'm sorry Russian Members, but that really was a disgusting move to make.