Mens' SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Mens' SP

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Well the thing about Lambiel and the triple axel is that it's obvious that he knows that he can win without it, so he won't put one unless he knows 100% that he will land it and considering that his quad is back, I think the chances of seeing tomorrow are next to none. Stephane, Jeff and their teams are not clueless, they know by now how much their PCS scores make for their lack of certain jumps. I mean look at Lutai and Jeff program, under the old system their difference would have been huge with CoP they have the same score but the difference that the old system had (the jumps) no longer counts.

Stephane has changed the technique on his triple axel and had been working on it for a few weeks. He was supposed to try the triple axel here, I am guessing he didnt for the same reason he didnt try the quad-triple, he just didnt feel he had the speed/timing at the time to do it. I think he will try it in the long.

Ximena

Final Flight
^^ Also, i was watching live on WebTV and I'm pretty sure he fell on one in warm-up so maybe he didn't want to risk it and just skate clean.
Yep, he fell on a triple axel.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
I don't think the triple axel should be manditory for the men in the short program.

Fans forget that what we're seeing are the best skaters in the world competing here. As it takes off from a forward edge, the triple axel is one of the first jumps to fail under competition pressure.

The flip side is, developing skaters who qualify out of regional, sectional and divisional championships are sometimes lucky to have two triples, let alone the full compliment.

Forcing them to attempt the most difficult and dangerous of all triples could have serious consequences.