Men's SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men's SP

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Brandon Mroz-USA

light classical Music

3 axel, a little forward on the landing

3 lutz/3 toe, the first jump looked wobbly, but competed the 2nd jump.

3 flip, easy.

This program is not very impressive like his LP is.
footwork and spins...OK.
picking up power here at the end.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Loved Mroz! I probably just had to get used to the fact that he goes for the lyrical stuff too - I always thought he was more of a Joubert. But he is probably right with that approach, spunk is out!

Now let him score at least 82 - that wasn't much below Chan.

Nice skate by Brandon! I LOVE his music - Strauss?? That's the kind of music I want Rachael to skate to. Maybe she can have it when he's done with it (his little sister at the rink....)

amateur

Final Flight
Brandon Mroz, USA

cute facial expression at beginning

3a wild freeleg but fine
3lz-3t good
3f

he rotates quickly in air!
corny program concept, compared to some of the ultra-cool we've seen (namely Kozuka, hehe)... but i ended up enjoying it by the end. He brings joy, conviction, elegance
a tad juniorish, but coming along.

75.05 -- 4th
his team seems pleased

MissCleo

On the Ice
Did the announcer say the wrong score when announcing Brandon's? I thought I heard 79, but i see 75.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
That link doesn't work for me. I installed "MS Silverlight", nothing. Doesn't work in Firefox or IE either. Should it work for US comcast users or maybe not? And Icenetwork is still down.

gold12345

Medalist
That link doesn't work for me. I installed "MS Silverlight", nothing. Doesn't work in Firefox or IE either. Should it work for US comcast users or maybe not? And Icenetwork is still down.

Are you on a laptop? That might be why it's not working.

casken

On the Ice
Actually, when you add up all the GOE for each and every element that Chan got higher than Mroz, plus the higher PCS in each category which he was clearly superior, 14 is pretty reasonable.