Michelle and Kraft! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Michelle and Kraft!

MKFSfan

Medalist
TangyTart said:
I think both commercials are great. I love how Sasha goes in her commercials "no colds for me." Her facial expressions are great. My only question is, is that Michelle's voice in the Kraft commercial?

Has Sasha's commercial even aired yet? I doesn't seem to be anywhere but on her website, so I wonder if it will be released.

Hi TangyTart. Welcome to Golden Skate. Thanks for joining us! :agree:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's Michelle's voice at the end. :)

Last edited:

TangyTart

Spectator
MKFSfan said:
Has Sasha's commercial even aired yet? I doesn't seem to be anywhere but on her website, so I wonder if it will be released.

Actually it is on her website under updates. It says, "New commerical! See it now."

MKFSfan

Medalist
Red Dog said:
How do you know? did she confirm this herself?

I just saw it now, and I really don't think it's Michelle. It's one of those "announcer voices". Regardless, it is cute! The version I just saw didn't have the apple pie bit.

tangytart said:
Actually it is on her website under updates. It says, "New commerical! See it now."

I know. That's why I said I've only seen it on her webiste. I meant, it's not available anywhere else except links to that page and I haven't seen or heard anyone else say they saw it on TV.

R.D.

Record Breaker
MKFSfan said:
I just saw it now, and I really don't think it's Michelle. It's one of those "announcer voices".

That was my first thought. How could it be her? Still, someone should clear this up once and for all

It sounds just like her to me.

OK, I just sent an email to the ad agency (McGarry Bowen) and asked them. We'll see if they answer, LOL.

McGarry Bowen is a fairly new agency and this is their first contract with Kraft and its parent company. Supposedly, this is a hipper, less stodgy outfit than the war horses that usually do packaged food ads.

The whole "Kraft your summer" campaign has a $30 to $40 million dollar budget (I wonder how much Michelle got, LOL). Supposedly, the point is to emphasize the creativity of the food preparer (you, if you buy the product) in an effort to compete with the generic store brands, which are cheaper.

According to a NY Times interview with Mcgarry's senior partner,

"We tried to find people for the campaign with the spirit of innovation, to make it a celebration of individuality and creativity, who at the same time are accessible, believable, at home in the kitchen.

"That is how Mr. Glover and Ms. Kwan were selected for the commercials..."

That's my Michelle -- creative, believable, and at home in the kitchen!

MKFSfan

Medalist
Thanks for sharing that tidbit!!! I agree, who else do I want to welcome into my kitchen but Michelle! Oh, Derek Jeter, too!
:clap:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
The whole "Kraft your summer" campaign has a $30 to $40 million dollar budget (I wonder how much Michelle got, LOL).

My guess is less then .5 %.

It sure is. One-half percent of 30 million dollars is $150,000.

Thanks for giving us the benefit of your experience in the advertising business, Sean. IBU!

I suppose the biggest part of the money goes to actually buying the TV slots?

Last edited:
OK, I just got a response to my email from McGarry Bowen:

"We’re glad you like the TV commercials.

"Yes the voice at the end of the commercial is Michelle Kwan. Enjoy!"

Kathy

On the Ice
Thanks Mathman for your efforts at confirming that it is her voice. I had no doubt but it is nice to know for sure.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
In a number of cases the are residuals for every time the commercial is aired. But she most likely has a smarter agent then that due to the low popularity of FS at the moment a safe cut is the smart move. I've got a 20 spot saying she has so much Kraft "stuff" siting around her house now.:laugh:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Mathman said:
OK, I just got a response to my email from McGarry Bowen:

"We’re glad you like the TV commercials.

"Yes the voice at the end of the commercial is Michelle Kwan. Enjoy!"

Wow, she sounded like professional announcer, then! Thanks for the info! :)

Norlite

On the Ice
Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I can't tell you how much it bothers me that Michelle is working for the evil Philip Morris company.

:disapp: :disagree:

nymkfan51

Medalist
Red Dog said:
How do you know? did she confirm this herself?

Actually, I had no confirmation, but after watching the commercial I had no doubt in my mind that it was her voice. In fact, I had no idea people were even
discussing this until today.

Glad MM got the official word though. ;)

Sorry, I wrote without thinking.

Here is an article discussing the timing of the planned breakup of Atria, the parent company of Philip Morris USA, Philip Morris International, and Kraft.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0606220156jun22,1,7473103.story?coll=chi-business-hed

Kraft Foods is expected to be spun off and become a separate company. This will greatly increase the profitability of Kraft (an estimated 20 to 33% increase in stock value) because Kraft will no longer bear a share of the burdens of anti-tobacco law suits.

Needless to say, Atria is not doing this out of the goodness of its heart. The real reason is to separate its international operations from its domestic operations so it can do business in other countries without having to follow U.S. regulations.

I'm not sure what the future of other holdings such as Nabisco and Oscar Myers will be.

Anyway, I hope in the future Kraft will be able to get back to the wholesome food business that it was founded on.

It is not really the fault of good companies that they are vulnerable to be taken over by bad ones. Kraft shares are traded on the open market, and anyone with enough money can buy a controling interest.

In fact, this disvestiture shows the positive effects of the anti-tobacco forces in the U.S. We can go back to eating cheese and not have to worry that some of our money might be going into the pockets of the tobacco industry.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
Actually, I had no confirmation, but after watching the commercial I had no doubt in my mind that it was her voice. In fact, I had no idea people were even
discussing this until today.

I dunno, it just sounded like one of those announcers. Nothing in that voice really stood out to me and said that's MK. I don't know, it just DOES NOT sound like her...for some reason or another...