Mirai Nagasu | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
i'm so proud of mirai!!! :cry: she finally did it!!! amazing 3axel and good skate!! now keep it for the individuals girl!!!

MiraiFan

Final Flight
So proud of Mirai--she got it DONE!!!! I knew she would. Ecstatic that she has an Olympic medal. Fingers crossed for the individual event.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Her Team LP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only her performance and the end of her kiss & cry): https://vimeo.com/255564339

Thank you so much!! I've been CRAVING coverage of Mirai's FS without Tara and Johnny's commentary. I heart them both, always a fan but it really annoyed me that Tara especially kept yapping all the way through Mirai's historic jump! I'm so proud of Mirai! Neither Johnny nor Tara mentioned that Mirai was making history all over the ice as the first woman to complete 8 clean triples on Olympic ice!

Imagine

Medalist
I like this version too. There's one short comment after the 3A is landed, and then not a peep from the commentators until the end of the program. You also get a front facing shot of Mirai's face after she lands the final loop. Also the female commentator is ace but I may just be biased. :p

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I like this version too. There's one short comment after the 3A is landed, and then not a peep from the commentators until the end of the program. You also get a front facing shot of Mirai's face after she lands the final loop. Also the female commentator is ace but I may just be biased. :p

Love it! Thank you!! The relative sound of silence is bliss!! I can hear the crowd's roar so much better here! Tara and Johnny (but Tara especially) seemed to yap away throughout Mirai's entire program but it really ticked me off when Tara wouldn't shut up as Mirai glided around to set up for her historic triple axel!

And oh WOW - you could see where Mirai tripped as she skated too close to the boards! I saw her trip twice as she skated around the boards but I didn't realize she was THAT close! :eeking:

Love love love the camera's angle! You can see Mirai's joyful reaction when she lands the loop!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw Mirai in the crowd (on TV) last evening with her bf and Vincent's mom and noticed she was wearing a lot of make-up. I wondered why she was so dolled up and then saw on her IG that she had her hair and make-up done for an interview on NBCSN. I don't think she made herself camera ready to sit in the crowd, lol.

I found it surreal the other day when I was watching Access Hollywood's Valentine's day show and they started talking about Mirai and her boyfriend, Darian and noting he's a former actor. Only during the Olympics do they care about the love lives of figure skaters, but I found it weird.

Anyway, best of luck to Mirai next week in the individual event!

Imagine

Medalist
Sasha Cohen was the last ladies skater to be inducted into the USFS Hall of Fame. Surely, Mirai will be the next...

Proxy

On the Ice
Good luck to Mirai next week. She deserves to place MUCH higher if she skates like she did in the team event. The scoring gap between her and Zagitova was a SCANDAL.

Imagine

Medalist
She was 2nd in the Team Event though...how could she place MUCH higher??? :scratch3: The judges went a bit ham for Zagitova, but the placements were absolutely fair. There was no scandal. :shrug:

Proxy

On the Ice
There was no scandal.

Oh there absolutely was a scandal. 3rd woman in Olympic history to land a triple axel. FIRST (!) woman in Olympic history to land 8 clean triples. Not an ugly or unfinished moment in the entire skate against someone who skated clean and jumped well but quite obviously has quite a bit of refinement left to achieve.

And she lost by 21 points? 21?

That is a SCANDAL. Mirai deserves much better than that.

onyxrose81

Rinkside
Yeah, no. I love Mirai to bits but there is nothing dodgy about scoring. The 3A is one jump and Mirai got the score for it. Zagitova's PCS is too high but even with it coming down, there still would be a huge gap in scores.

annemn

Rinkside
I was so excited to be able to go to the Ladies' practice session yesterday morning. Mirai was looking great! She fell on her first 3A, but before the end of practice had landed at least three more of them like a dream. :love: She used her ice time very well, doing a lot of work on her combo jumps.

Happily, I was able to chat with Darian for a second and he was absolutely lovely! I can't wait to see Mirai kick butt on Wednesday! :hap10: