MK interviewed on Lakers - says she's training | Page 5 | Golden Skate

MK interviewed on Lakers - says she's training

As I recall, Raphael Arutunian was delayed in coming to Torino. Michelle marched in the opening ceremonies, held one abortive practice session, and annoiunced her withdrawal, all before her coach arrived.

Once Michelle wirthdrew, Arutunian changed his plans and flew to Moscow instead and never did make it to Torino.

This led to some speculation that Michelle never did really plan to compete, but just put in a show to help the U.S. television ratings.

abaka

Rinkside
I hate to say it, but does anyone else suspect she's skating again because her political career ended with last November's elections?

^ See, this right here shows how clever Michelle is. Obama is a big basketball fan and claims that his cabinet already could whup the cabinet of any previous President in basketball.

So where does Michelle show up? At a Laker's game! :agree:

Michelle is already buddies with a bunch of NBA players, like Carl Malone, Lebron James and Yao Ming.

Not to mention footballers like Tom Brady and Dancing With the Stars hero Warren Sapp. (Kristi had her Jason Taylor, Michelle has her Warren Sapp.)

http://www.calgarysun.com/photos/92222.jpg

Obama has made it a priority of his new administration to fix the BCS bowl system and create a national playoff system for college football. Maybe he needs a former Olympic athlete to head up the committee. :yes:

Last edited:

Kathy

On the Ice
I hate to say it, but does anyone else suspect she's skating again because her political career ended with last November's elections?

That makes no sense to me. Michelle was just appointed to the presidents fitness counsel and that will last a few years, plus she just got her BA in international relations with a minor in political science and intentions of getting a master's degree and possibly a Ph.D. Pretty clear her future is in politics. I think she is just not quite yet done with her past. I think she was prevented from ending her career on her own terms and wants closure and completion. I think she planned to finish her BA - take time off to see if she can end her competitive career on her own terms - then will be off to graduate school and a career in politics or public service.