Most Flexible Female Skater I have Seen... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Most Flexible Female Skater I have Seen...

giseledepkat

Rinkside
Oh my, this Piel sounds magnificent! Do you have a link you could share, for pictures and video? :p :laugh:
Rgirl said:
Just a technical note: Flexibility, like everything else about the body, tends to be specific. As people have already mentioned, some skaters have very flexible backs, some hips, some are extremely flexible is several areas. Also don't forget, we usually only see what the skater does well.
Rgirl

Interesting! Another poster had pointed out how it bugged them that Sasha's spread eagle didn't turn out from the hips, but only from the ankles -- now it bugs me too, lol! I wonder whether that could possibly mean that even Sasha has a less than stellar turnout -- or would someone choose to perform the spread eagle this way?

P.S. Leonova's first name is ... Elena! Hard to keep track of them, all those skating Elenas. ;)

Last edited:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
turnout

Like Sasha Cohen, one of the greatest ballet dancers did not have the best turnout. Margot Fonteyn was feisty, teachers at the Vic-Wells Balelt had trouble with her, and didn't have good turnout. But she had everything else. Sasha sounds like a skating reincarnation.

Now, who is this Piel?

I am Piel's agent. Please send all movie scripts, as well as requests for public appearances on behalf of charitable causes, directly to me. Include a check for 10% of the offering price, made out to yours truly. :hat

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
In fact, one of Piel's moves was banned for being too Kama Sutraesque. :p
Rgirl

That's what they SAID. The REAL reason the move was banned? Because it showed a strategically placed tattoo that says "To see more of Piel call Mathman @1-800-444-4444". I'm telling you RGirl, you and RGal should seriously consider signing with Mathman to represent the two of you. He has done wonders for my career! Now, I don't want to gloat but... you don't see my name on the list of underrated skaters, do you?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Piel

southwest wind

Rinkside
I vote for EP.

The story of how he cried when his Mom was stretching him because he wanted to get flexible enough to do the Beilman spin nearly broke my heart. Read it on a link here to a EP site. Perhaps the original poster (or Princess Leopard) could re-post it.

I was at Mariposa one time when all the little girls were trying to do Beilman spins. Partly flavor-of-the-moment, partly if-I-try-it, I-can-do-it.

Gotta have the dream

sww