Music software? | Golden Skate

Music software?

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I'm looking for some software that will take vocals off copies of cds. I have a cd burner on my computer and what I want is to be able to burn just the insturmentals onto another cd. Does that make sense? Does anybody know what this type of software would be called and/or where I could buy some?

CDMM1991

Medalist
I don't know if there is such a software, but usually if you use a program like limewire, you can download instrumental versions of most songs. I try not to download music normally, but for unique situations like this, I have a few times.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
CDMM1991 said:
I don't know if there is such a software, but usually if you use a program like limewire, you can download instrumental versions of most songs. I try not to download music normally, but for unique situations like this, I have a few times.

Can you actually download music on a 52k dial up connection and not have it take hours? I'm in the sticks. DSL, cable or broadband is not an option and satelite internet is about $100/month.:frown2:

sk8m8

Final Flight
I would suggest googling or searching on the web for "vocal elimination software" or "voice elimination software" you should find quite a few hits and there should even be one or two sites that rate them.

I know there are physical machines that do this sort of thing.

Good luck and happy hunting.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I wouldn't suggest using something such as Limewire since the cops are already after people for using it and a few have been sued for such. The best safe & legal bet is to look for karaoke CD's, I am guessing that you are looking for that? That vocal elimination thing sounds really cool though. It can be an interesting experience to listen to my favorite songs that way.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Thanks y'all. I'll look for both. I know that at least some of the songs I won't be able to find on the karaoke cds, but I'll look.:)