Nebelhorn Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy

nadster

Final Flight
I think they may have tried to enter her after the summer competitions, but since the closing date for Nebelhorn was August 4th, and the already huge amount of entries they may not have been able too. I think there is a substitute list though.

Hopefully SC has now decided to enter a team at Merano Cup...it has senior too, Finlandia or Schaefer Cup.

But Chong/Gfeller soundly beat Lamoureux/Mee in Lake Placid well before the August 4th deadline. With all the Canadian couples in Lake Placid, surely there were some SC monitors at the competition. And Lake Placid has a very high quality field to boot. In fact there was over a 5 point difference in their FD scores alone.

Lacoste competed at the Minto Skate and did a triple loop/ triple loop combo there showing she was fully back to health. ( Injuries have dogged her the last 2 1/2 years). That competition was also before the August 4th deadline. Before her injury problems she was consistently beating Samson in competition.

Of course if Skate Canada sent Lacoste to Nebelhorn and she did beat Samson there, SC would have major egg on its face since they already gave the 3rd ladies SC slot to Samson.

Yes it is nice if these skaters get other senior B's but SC rates Nebelhorn above all the others when it comes to filling 3rd spots for Skate Canada.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Putting all the entries in one place

http://www.deu-event.de/results/Nebelhorn_2008/index.html

ICE DANCE
1 Nadine AHMED and Bruce Porter AZE
2 Ksenia SHMIRINA and Egor MAISTROV BLR
3 Siobhan KARAM and Kevin O'KEEFE CAN
4 Mylene LAMOUREUX and Michael MEE CAN
5 Kamila HAJKOVA and David VINCOUR CZE
6 Carolina HERMANN and Daniel HERMANN GER
7 Tanja KOLBE Tanja and Sascha RABE GER
8 Phillipa TOWLER-GREEN and Phillip POOLE GBR
9 Christina CHITWOOD and Mark HANRETTY GBR
10 Christa GOULAKOU and Bradley YAEGER GRE
11 Alexandra ZARETSKI and Roman ZARETSKI ISR
12 Isabella PAJARDI and Stefano CARUSO ITA
13 Natalia MIKHAILOVA and Arkadi SERGEEV RUS
14 Julia ZLOBINA and Alexei SITNIKOV RUS
15 Leoni KRAIL and Oscar PETER SUI
16 Alla BEKNAZAROVA and Vladimir ZUEV UKR
17 Alina SAPRIKINA and Pavel KHIMICH UKR
18 Jane SUMMERSETT and Todd GILLES USA
19 Emily SAMUELSON and Evan BATES USA

PAIRS
1 Rachel KIRKLAND and Eric RADFORD CAN
2 Kyra MOSCVITCH and Dylan MOSCVITCH CAN
3 Aljona SAVCHENKO and Robin SZOLKOWY GER
4 Jessica CRENSHAW and Chad TSAGRIS GRE
5 Ekaterina SOKOLOVA and Fedor SOKOLOV ISR
6 Laura MAGITTERI and Ondrej HOTAREK ITA
7 Krystyna KLIMCZAK and Janusz KARWETA POL
8 not yet named RUS
9 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR and Stanislav MOROZOV UKR
10 Caydee DENNEY and Jeremy BARRETT USA
11 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS and John COUGHLIN USA
12 Marina AGANINA and Dmitri ZOBNIN UZB

LADIES
1 Andrea KREUZER AUT
2 Emma HAGIEVA AZE
3 Kirsten VERBIST BEL
4 Myriane SAMSON CAN
5 Melinda WANG TPE
6 Nella SIMAOVA CZE
7 Elena GLEBOVA EST
8 Kiira KORPI FIN
9 Laura LEPISTÖ FIN
10 Gwendoline DIDIER FRA
11 Annette DYTRT GER
12 Katharina HÄCKER GER
13 Sarah HECKEN GER
14 Constanze PAULINUS GER
15 Kristin WIECZOREK GER
16 Jenna McCORKELL GBR
17 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN
18 Tamar KATZ ISR
19 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
20 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
21 Anna JURKIEWICZ POL
22 Aneta MICHALEK POL
23 Victoria MUNIZ PUR
24 Na-Young KIM KOR
25 Alexandra IEVLEVA RUS
26 Ivana REITMAYEROVA SVK
27 Teodora POSTIC SLO
28 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE
29 Bettina HEIM SUI
30 Tugba KARADEMIR TUR
31 Alissa CZISNY USA
32 Chrissy HUGHES USA
33 Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA UZB

MEN
1 Mark WEBSTER AUS
2 Viktor PFEIFER AUT
3 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL
4 Damjan OSTOJIC BIH
5 Joey RUSSELL CAN
6 Jeremy TEN CAN
7 Michal BREZINA CZE
8 Tomas VERNER CZE
9 Justus STRID DEN
10 Mikko MINKKINEN FIN
11 Kim LUCINE FRA
12 Clemens BRUMMER GER
13 Norman KECK GER
14 Martin LIEBERS GER
15 Maxim LIEBERS Peter GER
16 Maxim SHIPOV ISR
17 Nobunari ODA JPN
18 Przemyslaw DOMANSKI POL
19 Konstantin TUPIKOV POL
20 Zoltan KELEMEN ROU
21 Andrei GRIAZEV RUS
22 Konstantin MENSHOV RUS
23 Igor MACYPURA SVK
24 Peter REITMAYER SVK
25 Gregor URBAS SLO
26 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE
27 Mikael REDIN SUI
28 Anton KOVALEVSKI UKR
29 Dennis PHAN USA
30 Scott SMITH USA

Last edited:

IceNut

Spectator
Some big names listed here but mostly from Europe.

It's really unfair that some of these grand prix bound European skaters are raking up ISU ranking points at these "B internationals" (Ondrej Nepela, Nebelhorn) that are held in Europe each year. The 'B' list skaters don't have a chance as only top five are awarded points (if the event meets certain pre-established criteria).

Last edited:

chacha

Rinkside
I think they may have tried to enter her after the summer competitions, but since the closing date for Nebelhorn was August 4th, and the already huge amount of entries they may not have been able too. I think there is a substitute list though.

This morning Philipp Tischendorf and Matthews & Gislason were on the lists, but at lunchtime there names were gone and instead we had the men and dance team of switzerland on the lists.

Hopefully SC has now decided to enter a team at Merano Cup...it has senior too, Finlandia or Schaefer Cup.

What happened with Zhiganshina/Gazsi and Beier/Giesen? They are not competing at Nebelhorn?

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
What happened with Zhiganshina/Gazsi and Beier/Giesen? They are not competing at Nebelhorn?

Well I know for a fact that the German skaters have until a few days before the event to decide if they want to skate. So my guess is, the 20th spot is reserved for a German team.

Nebelhorn may be a bit too soon for Beier / Giesen, but I really hope Zhiganshina / Gaszi will decide to skate. Nelli might need a visa as they are training in Russia but that shouldn't be a problem for her.

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
It's really unfair that some of these grand prix bound European skaters are raking up ISU ranking points at these "B internationals" (Ondrej Nepela, Nebelhorn) that are held in Europe each year. The 'B' list skaters don't have a chance as only top five are awarded points (if the event meets certain pre-established criteria).

Well there a lot more Senior Bs that they can skate at. Its off topic, but if you want your ranking points you should probably go to Merano Cup, Crystal Skate or NRW Trophy. They didn't have the big fields like I am expecting at Nebelhorn, Finlandia, Schaefer Cup, Nizza Cup, Golden Spin and Ondre Nepala.

Back to Nebelhorn. I think its totally cool that Germany is entering Sarah Hecken. In a field like this she can test the "Senior waters" and nobody would have huge expectations like they are having in the JGPs ;)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm kind of surprised to see Kevin van der Perren entered. Wasn't his recovery and rehab supposed to take a while? I remember there was discussion of him maybe dropping a GP assignment if he's not ready. I wish him all the best and I hope he's not coming back too soon.

samba

On the Ice
Well I know for a fact that the German skaters have until a few days before the event to decide if they want to skate. So my guess is, the 20th spot is reserved for a German team.

Nebelhorn may be a bit too soon for Beier / Giesen, but I really hope Zhiganshina / Gaszi will decide to skate. Nelli might need a visa as they are training in Russia but that shouldn't be a problem for her.

Maybe they plan to do Finlandia or Karl Schaefer instead of Nebelhorn?

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Wow, pretty deep in the Ladies Field.

Top 10 Main Contenders:

Elena GLEBOVA
Kiira KORPI FIN
Laura LEPISTÖ
Alissa CZISNY
Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA
Annette DYTRT
Julia SEBESTYEN
Carolina KOSTNER ITA
Akiko SUZUKI
Na-Young KIM

Then you got Karademir, Ievleva, Hughes, McCorKell, and Samson trying break in the top 10 as well. This is almost as deep as GP event! Can't wait!

skatergirl45

On the Ice
WOW!!!!!!!
Carolina must be coming to try out her programs. Doesn't she train at the same rink though??
Kiira, Laura, Julia, and Carolina will most likely go 1-4. Hughes(emily??? i'm assuming) will most likely be ahead of Alissa(depending how she skates..........) the pthers can go where ever.

It is so nice for Nebelhorn to finally have some good competition!

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
WOW!!!!!!!
Carolina must be coming to try out her programs. Doesn't she train at the same rink though??
Kiira, Laura, Julia, and Carolina will most likely go 1-4. Hughes(emily??? i'm assuming) will most likely be ahead of Alissa(depending how she skates..........) the pthers can go where ever.

It is so nice for Nebelhorn to finally have some good competition!

You are right. Carolina trains at the same rink!
Tomas Verner, Annette Dytrt and Kristin Wiezcorek also train there. And they are all trained by Michael Huth.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Isabella PAJARDI / Stefano CARUSO are out of the list.

Does anyone know why? They are injured oder spilt???

nadster

Final Flight
Chong/Gfeller have replaced Lamoureux/Mee for Canada in ice dance.

I am so happy as Chong/Gfeller has been the hottest senior ice dance couple in the summer competitions this year.

ingwer

Rinkside
A Finnish newspaper says Korpi has withdrawn due to muscular problems. She had to take a month´s break from skating but is now training again and should be able to participate in Finlandia Trophy next month.