Need person who reads Japanese. | Golden Skate

Need person who reads Japanese.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think there are times when culture and "google translate" seem to clash and present things not quite as they should be. Is there anyone who knows Japanese and can follow famous Japanese figure skater Fumie Suguri and present a more accurate representation of her on Instagram?
a fumie suguri.jpg

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not an expert in Japanese (I'm at a lower intermediate level), but I can tell that this article is as salacious as it appears to be. I also don't have an Instagram, so I can't follow Fumie there and see the photo for myself. However, I would like to practice my translation skills and provide something that is hopefully more accurate than Google Translate (translation in italics).

Fumie Suguri displays her thigh shot. Comments include "Very attractive" "Beautiful legs."

Fumie Suguri (40), who represented Japan in figure skating at the Torino Olympics, updated her Instagram on the 20th.

Suguri said, "I unexpectedly like this 'waiting time.' I am able to organize my mind, among other things," and introduced her ways of using time effectively. Furthermore, she uploaded a photo of herself sitting on a sofa with her legs crossed and her thighs raised.

Her followers said, "Beautiful legs," "Sexy," and "That's very attractive." People continue to praise her beautiful legs. Even Suguri herself boldly stated, "I have arrived."

I will admit, I'm not sure whether アップになった means that there was a close-up on her thighs or whether her thighs were raised up. I will check with my Japanese-speaking acquaintances in a couple of days. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The picture I saw was of her in a bikini in a stream in the forest holding her arms above her head... there was nothing wrong with her pose, etc.
I will try and follow her on Instagram and see if there are more pics......I realize some countries that will remain nameless see nothing wrong in posting nude photos of their figure skaters and I am not dissing them......I was just surprised at this one..

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, after seeing the posts it would appear someone is making things into a bit more than they really are.....Glad she is happy at 40.....
Thanks for your help, yuumagical!
a fumie two.jpg

a fumie one.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am not an expert in Japanese (I'm at a lower intermediate level), but I can tell that this article is as salacious as it appears to be. I also don't have an Instagram, so I can't follow Fumie there and see the photo for myself. However, I would like to practice my translation skills and provide something that is hopefully more accurate than Google Translate (translation in italics).

Fumie Suguri displays her thigh shot. Comments include "Very attractive" "Beautiful legs."

Fumie Suguri (40), who represented Japan in figure skating at the Torino Olympics, updated her Instagram on the 20th.

Suguri said, "I unexpectedly like this 'waiting time.' I am able to organize my mind, among other things," and introduced her ways of using time effectively. Furthermore, she uploaded a photo of herself sitting on a sofa with her legs crossed and her thighs raised.

Her followers said, "Beautiful legs," "Sexy," and "That's very attractive." People continue to praise her beautiful legs. Even Suguri herself boldly stated, "I have arrived."

I will admit, I'm not sure whether アップになった means that there was a close-up on her thighs or whether her thighs were raised up. I will check with my Japanese-speaking acquaintances in a couple of days. Hope this helps.
Our wonderful friend "Solar" from this forum confirmed to me someone did a tabloid bit on the post and there is alot less than meets the eye here. She is well and doing fine but is very busy....