New Figure Skating Reality Series | Golden Skate

New Figure Skating Reality Series

icewhite

Record Breaker

Saw the video ad for this, it was a weird one... typical "only the toughest make it" narrative, dwelling over skaters falling... I hope that's just the advertisement and not the actual concept of the series.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Saw the video ad for this, it was a weird one... typical "only the toughest make it" narrative, dwelling over skaters falling... I hope that's just the advertisement and not the actual concept of the series.
It started 7/6 so I can watch it if I have a chance.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The video was blocked for me. I was a bit confused by the "wholly diverse" description of the team. Does that mean no two skaters of same sex/race/sexual orientation/body type?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
The video was blocked for me. I was a bit confused by the "wholly diverse" description of the team. Does that mean no two skaters of same sex/race/sexual orientation/body type?
The videos are geo blocked, but work using a VPN

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
"I put Peggy's skates on three months before that and was like, 'I don't know how you skate in these,'" says Flack. "Our experience is that every time we find a Black skater, they're in Jacksons [a company known for making skates ideal for beginning skaters, but often not for advanced levels of figure skating]. They sell us Jacksons because it's 'Jackson."

a company known for making skates ideal for beginning skaters? That's not really true... I assume the point being made is that the skates don't work for everybody's foot shape (but they were being fitted in them reguardless of foot shape). Or at least I hope that's the point...

Aside from that, I'm very interested to watch the videos (albeit knowing very little about synchro)

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
"I put Peggy's skates on three months before that and was like, 'I don't know how you skate in these,'" says Flack. "Our experience is that every time we find a Black skater, they're in Jacksons [a company known for making skates ideal for beginning skaters, but often not for advanced levels of figure skating]. They sell us Jacksons because it's 'Jackson."

a company known for making skates ideal for beginning skaters? That's not really true... I assume the point being made is that the skates don't work for everybody's foot shape (but they were being fitted in them reguardless of foot shape). Or at least I hope that's the point...

Aside from that, I'm very interested to watch the videos (albeit knowing very little about synchro)
yeah this made me side eye...many elite level skaters wear Jacksons. Actually, skaters of every level wear Jacksons. I don't know why they felt the need to make a dig at them.

theblade

On the Ice
Many skaters have worn Jacksons and won international titles. Jacksons are more than fine; you might have to do semi-custom for a better fit, however.

The problem is the lack of experienced fitters. That is an entirely different matter.