New Pair team Marchei and Hotarek | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New Pair team Marchei and Hotarek

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
it's not a problem with Vale, it was Stefy who messed up everything :p but I think the one who should say something is Bianconi
I'm pretty sure we won't see a Marchei/Hotarek pair next season, if they're actually trying, it's too early to show up.

Ultimately, yes it was Steffi that created the mess. But, you can't hold it against somebody for wanting to retire.

The reason I picked Vale when I was doing my final summary is that it was because of her choice to switch to pairs that there is now no much panic with regards the Ladies Singles team.

Notice how I said "her choice". As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, Vale has hinted in the past that she would like to try out Pairs skating. So, I don't think anybody forced Vale to be the one to step into the breach when Steffi retired. I think she saw the opening and thought "Oh, why not? I may as well try it now..."

That is fine when you are a singles skater that is struggling for form (e.g. Biryukova), or struggling to get picked for the team because of too much competition (e.g. Kihara). But, Vale is not struggling. The past few years she has been skating better than she ever has before. And, at times, better than Carolina...

Personally, I still believe that if Valentina carried on in Singles, she could have got onto the podium in Europeans this coming season.

Don't get me wrong, I love Valentina to bits. But, I am annoyed because I feel she has robbed herself, and her fans, of the opportunity to get the best results of her career in the next season.

That is what has made me so sad about this news. And that is why I feel Vale needs to say something herself. To explain to her fans why she has made this decision now, rather than later. Maybe if she did, it would help us understand, and help us to get used to the idea.

All I know is that the longer the silence goes on, the more fans she is going to lose. Which would be a great shame.

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
Well, we'll see what the future'll bring. We could talk more and more but don't resolve anything because we're only spectators :rolleye:
It's only the last new drama in FS world now that I/K + S/Z seem to have found a new balance in their new lives :laugh:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
But, I am annoyed because I feel she has robbed herself, and her fans, of the opportunity to get the best results of her career in the next season.[CaroLiza_fan

This is exactly how I feel, too.

Alba

Record Breaker
Personally, I still believe that if Valentina carried on in Singles, she could have got onto the podium in Europeans this coming season.

I doubt that tbh, let alone at Worlds.
I think she may have far more better results in pairs.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There is a misunderstanding. Stefania is not going to retire, till now at least. :)

Oh! I had thought from the early discussion about Berton/Hotarek splitting that she was retiring.

Now that does put a different twist on things!

And now I understand what you and Alebi were talking about while I was writing my comment! It is starting to sound like a Illinykh/Katsalapov-style falling out.

But, I am still struggling to understand why a new partner for Ondrej could not have been found elsewhere. Say, one of the lower ranked Italian Ladies Singles skaters, or from splitting one of the other Italian Pairs couples to provide partners for both Ondrej and Stefania.

Hey, imagine what we would be saying if the same thing had happened in Italy as had happened in Russia, with the top 2 couples (B/H and dM/G) doing a direct swap.

Has Carolina Gillespie got a partner since her split with Luca Demattè a couple of years ago? If she hasn't, she could have been a candidate for a new partner for Ondrej. (I would have asked about Leo Luca Sforza as well, but he is far too young to be paired with Stefania... :laugh:)

Sorry about my misunderstanding.

And sorry to Valentina for being a bit harsh on her. (Although, I still do think she needs to make a public comment...)

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
And sorry to Valentina for being a bit harsh on her. (Although, I still do think she needs to make a public comment...)

CaroLiza_fan

It's understandable since you're talking like a real fan and... yes! fans suffer from this kind of situation (dedicated to who said fans are just a plus in an athlete's life).
Maybe it was so sudden, that's why I'm pretty sure they need time to understand what to do. Let's wait and hope =/

Alba

Record Breaker
But, I am still struggling to understand why a new partner for Ondrej could not have been found elsewhere. Say, one of the lower ranked Italian Ladies Singles skaters, or from splitting one of the other Italian Pairs couples to provide partners for both Ondrej and Stefania.

Anything could be, she could even retire for all we know. Until now though that's not the case.
If the story about Hotarek and Marchei is true, and I belive there is something in it, than I suppose Hotarek wanted someone with good jumps and experience as a skater, altough in single.
Marchei as I said can have a better shot with pairs rather than singles, with all the Russian ladies in Europe.
Her coach is Bianconi, which is also the coach of Hotarek so it does make sense. It was Bianconi who paired Stefania with Hotarek also.

Has Carolina Gillespie got a partner since her split with Luca Demattè a couple of years ago? If she hasn't, she could have been a candidate for a new partner for Ondrej.

I have no news about her.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I doubt that tbh, let alone at Worlds.
I think she may have far more better results in pairs.

Agree with you about Worlds. But, let's face it, in Europeans, Vale would definitely have been the main competition for the Russians. And if one of them slipped up, then she would have been there to pounce.

Yeah, maybe in the long term she will do better in Pairs. But not in the next year or 2 while she is still learning the ropes.

I'm pretty sure we won't see a Marchei/Hotarek pair next season, if they're actually trying, it's too early to show up.

Is there a possiblity that Vale could continue to skate Singles next season while she is learning the ropes in Pairs skating? Like, it is not totally unheard of to see somebody doing both categories at the same time. Ashley Cain was doubling up in Juniors for quite a few years, and Annabelle Prölß is still doing it.

Of course, the difference is that Valentina is a lot older than these girls were when they were doing both. So, she might struggle doing so much extra training.

But, you never know!

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
Agree with you about Worlds. But, let's face it, in Europeans, Vale would definitely have been the main competition for the Russians. And if one of them slipped up, then she would have been there to pounce.

That's true also.

Yeah, maybe in the long term she will do better in Pairs. But not in the next year or 2 while she is still learning the ropes.

I'm not that sure about pairs as well tbh (you can see I'm really convinced about this whole thing :laugh:). I mean jumps in single is one thing doing in parallel is another. He is not good with the twist and neither with throws. So, I have no idea about that too. :scratch:

alebi

Medalist
He is not good with the twist and neither with throws. So, I have no idea about that too. :scratch:

why do you think he isn't good in throws? they had beautiful and solid throws last season :think:

alebi

Medalist
lancia storto, how do they say it in english?:think:

eheh ok, but they were pretty solid until Olympics... I mean it was effective, maybe not perfect but effective
I completely forgot the twist. I told you Stefy wasn't solid on her second jump and that could be a reason why they split, but the twist has always been really difficult for him... I don't see the light :bang:

pingu

Rinkside
I too don't understand why they published an article without any direct quote.

I don't understand why you are blaming the athletes for that. Perhaps they didn't want to release any comment right now, or they need to settle in whatever new chapter in their life they are starting.

it's not a problem with Vale, it was Stefy who messed up everything :p but I think the one who should say something is Bianconi

I must have missed the part in the article saying that Stefania had decided to end the partnership. Both Neveitalia and Gazzetta's articles didn't state any certain fact, except for the end of the partnership, so it's pointless to state who broke up with whom.

Don't get me wrong, I love Valentina to bits. But, I am annoyed because I feel she has robbed herself, and her fans, of the opportunity to get the best results of her career in the next season.

That is what has made me so sad about this news. And that is why I feel Vale needs to say something herself. To explain to her fans why she has made this decision now, rather than later. Maybe if she did, it would help us understand, and help us to get used to the idea.

All I know is that the longer the silence goes on, the more fans she is going to lose. Which would be a great shame.

CaroLiza_fan

This is ridiculous. So skaters should post every single fact happening in their lives right away, before waiting for a new situation to settle itself, for the sake of poor fans who are eagerly waiting for news? Come on, it's their lives, I too have no idea why Stefania and Ondrej have split up and why Ondrej is trying out with Valentina, but there must be an explanation for everything and I am sure that when the skaters themselves will want to speak out and explain why they decided to make such changements in their careers, they will. Until that day I am certainly not going to be angry or disappointed towards them as it's their life and their career, not mine.

Has Carolina Gillespie got a partner since her split with Luca Demattè a couple of years ago? If she hasn't, she could have been a candidate for a new partner for Ondrej. (I would have asked about Leo Luca Sforza as well, but he is far too young to be paired with Stefania... :laugh:)

Carolina is now a full-time university student and AFAIK she is not planning to skate competitively anymore. Leo Luca has been skating with her elder sister Lucrezia in the Junior ice dance category for the past season.

Alba

Record Breaker
eheh ok, but they were pretty solid until Olympics... I mean it was effective, maybe not perfect but effective
I completely forgot the twist. I told you Stefy wasn't solid on her second jump and that could be a reason why they split, but the twist has always been really difficult for him... I don't see the light :bang:

Yep. I mention this because now, with another non pairs skater, it will be even more difficult.
I mean you can't invent pairs from nothing, at least I think so. We will see, but I guess that's why there is still no news yet.
They will have to practice and see, IF of course Vale really does accept and want to do this.