New Sasha Journal 1/2/2006 | Golden Skate

New Sasha Journal 1/2/2006

R.D.

Record Breaker
I already reported this in another thread. (This one COULD be merged with the other thread since the topics are similar ;)...) Anyway, she'd better be ready to back up the talk with some walk. IMO, she's building herself up with the media interviews. She's having a field day. I assume she's confident enough that she'll do well enough not to be torn down the next day if she does poorly. But as weird as it sounds, I think a meltdown/choke at Nats could only help her for the Olympics. It will make her more determined. Think about it for a moment- suppose she has this awesome performance and wins Nats. She finally gets the Nats title she always wanted and goes on a high. She now has the task of maintaining that high into the Olys, which I'm not so sure she can do. (Think Kwan in 98.) My take is that it's pretty tough to duplicate a wonderful performance - especially in back-to-back competitions.

A lot of words, but in short I'm just saying while she should aim to do well at Nats (and win), she needs to be careful not to "peak" there.

Last edited: