New Surivior Show | Page 12 | Golden Skate

New Surivior Show

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
A few random observations:

First, if it were possible to climb through a television screen, Lisi would be in pieces all over the Fijan islands right now. There is a difference between having a genuine axe to grind and being a b**** for the sake of being a b****, and she was definitely doing the latter. What a thoroughly unpleasant woman. In hindsight, the wise strategy would have been to keep her abrasive butt in the game because ANYONE could have won against HER.

Beyond that, Alex was totally outa control and obnoxious, Boo was downright frightening (it wasn't the rant so much as the scary look in his eyes when he delivered it), and Rocky and Mookie were just jackasses. And Yau, under the circumstances, comported himself with class and dignity (loved the line about "Well, I'm 54 so I'm not overwhelmed with testosterone like some of the rest of you guys" line :laugh: ), when he had the most to be angry about. But this was to be expected. Everyone in the jury pretty much lived up to their personalities, obnoxious or otherwise.

TOTALLY the right decision. Cassandra had no business being in the final 3, and Dre just screwed over way too many people. What I would like to see, if from now on it's going to be a decision among THREE people instead of 2, is an actual COMPETITIVE 3-WAY RACE for it. This time, I could see Earl and Dre in there, but Cassandra, no way, and the last addition, Yul and Ozzy, absolutely, but the woman who was in the final 3 with them (forgot her name) had NO business being there.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't like the 3 either. Last year the poor woman didn't even get a vote, how embarrasing. At least neither Cassandra or Dre got a vote.

I agree with you JonnyCoop about Lisi. All of the jurors seemed so angry. I thought Boo's rant about being a christian was totally out of line too.

We almost had a knock down drag out fight at lunch over Dre. Most of my co-workers thought Dre was a no good dirty rat, lying scumbag. What would you do in a moral situation........my answer was I don't know until it happens. I am sure he suffered the decision he made.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
I really wanted Yau to win and was disappointed that he was eliminated. I was surprised that he didn't turn to Dre and ask him to let go, which would have ensured that Dre gave Yau the final 4 immunity. Lost opportunity to test the waters.

Dre is not the 1st player to lie to win Survivor and he won't be the last. His problem was that he was playing with a bunch of people (Alex, Boo, etc) who chose to take it personally. Alex and Boo didn't play strategy - they were hoping that their brawn would pull them through. Outwit, outplay, outlast.

Did Alex forget that he didn't tell Dre about the hidden immunity idol? That should cause Dre to question is place in that alliance. Alex is kidding himself if he thinks they would have shared it with Dre. I certainly didn't think that it was wrong of Dre to reveal that Mookie had the idol given the way he was being treated.

If Yau can still treat Dre respectfully, then I don't understand why the general public can't.

heyang

Record Breaker
the only reason I like the final 3 is that it ensures that 2 stronger players get to the final 3. With a final 2, whoever wins immunity typically chooses the weaker player to ensure more votes.

I think the only time a 'weak' player won was Survivor Outback with Tina won over Colby, even though he was the leader and won every individual challenge. Tina was just nice to everyone.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the only reason I like the final 3 is that it ensures that 2 stronger players get to the final 3. With a final 2, whoever wins immunity typically chooses the weaker player to ensure more votes.

If Yau can still treat Dre respectfully, then I don't understand why the general public can't.
Heyang, excellent points. :agree:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
The problem I have now for Dreamz, is that the best thing to do was be honest with the world and himself. He is on video saying he realized why Yau gave him the truck, "i changed my mind." Yet when it was obviously the best thing to "fess up" to it, and he tried to play it like he "knew it all along" negates any prior respect I had for him. It was incredibly telling of his personality.

As far a the jurors way of treating him, I found extremely hypocritical, Alex was going through another's personal belongings and then tried to blackmail him. Boo pulling the "Christan card." What in the world are they thinking? They were so obviously trying to save their own rep.

:biggrin:Dee, of course Stacy said that, she could have dealt with the situation much better (I would be reevaluating social inter actions after that if I were her too). She could feel that her feelings weren't wrong, but her actions were. I would agree with that.

The reason I said that (about the coffee) was because I was rather cheering for Dre in a way, and even at the last triable - but his answers to the jury, and even at the finally in New York. - the guy is "not respectable." (meaning he is unable to have respect for himself or others, hence not capable of gaining or feeling any). It may have been something noticed by Stacy and some others to in wanting to bring him to the end? But the show did not let on what type of "character" he really was until the end. I bet NBC was a little disappointed in the fact he didn't learn anything on or during the show. Let's hope that he does in the near future. Yau's comments were nice, I hope they were not in vein - but I bett they were IMO