Niina Petrõkina injured and out of EC | Golden Skate

News Niina Petrõkina injured and out of EC

News

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Estonian figure skater Niina Petrõkina injured herself in training while in the ISU Challenger during the weekend and has broken her foot. Based on the current prognosis she is out of the European Championships as well. Source. Also in English.

Very sad this happened. She clearly had a good season so far, winning the first medal for Estonia during GP series. A medal in Europeans was also not out of sight. Wishing Niina a speedy recovery!

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm very sad about this. Niina is one of the most charismatic & interesting skaters out there, and perhaps the most charismatic one for me. I thought this would be her season. With Kimmi struggling somewhat and Gubanova's scores a question mark, she had a very good chance at a EC medal. Wishing her a full recovery! Foot fractures tend to be treacherous (Rika K, Bradie, Edmunds...), so hopefully Niina's heals successfully. :pray: 🍀
Speaking of Estonian women, do we know if Eva Lotta is competing at all this season?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I'm very sad about this. Niina is one of the most charismatic & interesting skaters out there, and perhaps the most charismatic one for me. I thought this would be her season. With Kimmi struggling somewhat and Gubanova's scores a question mark, she had a very good chance at a EC medal. Wishing her a full recovery! Foot fractures tend to be treacherous (Rika K, Bradie, Edmunds...), so hopefully Niina's heals successfully. :pray: 🍀
Speaking of Estonian women, do we know if Eva Lotta is competing at all this season?
Eva-Lotta has not competed so far and to my best knowledge she thus has not fulfilled the criteria to be sent to Europeans, even if she competes in Estonian Championships. So it looks like 2 newcomers will get their chance this year.

Country
Norway
Oh man, this season seems to be particular cursed. Both Bradie and Niina doing so well at Shanghai Trophy after both having health issues the last seasons and finally overcome that, and now they are both injured and out for most likely the rest of the season. Can Niina even be ready for Worlds with a broken leg? :(

I wish her a good recovery and hoping for the best.

Looking at the bright side, Niina was able to pull out a very good score of 194 at Skate America which will bring her very high at SB list for the next years selection of GP.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Eva-Lotta has not competed so far and to my best knowledge she thus has not fulfilled the criteria to be sent to Europeans, even if she competes in Estonian Championships. So it looks like 2 newcomers will get their chance this year.
Eva-Lotta plans to do competitons second part of the season. She has struggled also stress facture of both legs.

lilimum

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Niina is such a hard worker. I am really sorry about her injury. I like so much to watch her skating but I have the feeling that womens figure skating came to a level that is more or less impossible to reach without serious damages to health. Of course every sport has risks, I think there is no alpin skier without at least one ligament tear in his life. But the typical injuries in figure skating results often in permant health problems.