No medals for Canadians in Calgary!? | Golden Skate

No medals for Canadians in Calgary!?

coolio

Rinkside
We missed pairs and men's medals despite strong showing enabling us to send three entries to each next year. But if Mira doesnt put up a top 10 LP performance, we may only send Joannie and Cynthia back to WC next year.
Here is hoping for a gold in women and dance...:).

dugyiho

Rinkside
I was starting to be little concern about that too.

But I think in dance there is a good chance that D/L will metal if they skate clean. Knowing that she is only 80% recovered from her injury worries me a little since the free dance is a lot longer than the other 2 dances. But if they can be clean, they have a good chance to even get gold. I love their long program.

For Joannie, if she can stay close to the top for the short program, there's a good chance she will metal too. Since we all know her long program is very well skated the last 2 times, she will probably come back strong in the latter part of the competition. Now seeing some scores over 60 for the short program skated so far, Joannie needs to exceed her personal best to stay near the top, since her personal best for the short was about 57. She needs to skate clean since she probably wll not do the 3/3 in the short program as some other skaters.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I jinxed them with that stupid thread of hoping for a Canadian medal in every event. In any case I will be surprised and dissapointed if there is not hardware of some kind in these next two events.

coolio said:
We missed pairs and men's medals despite strong showing enabling us to send three entries to each next year. But if Mira doesnt put up a top 10 LP performance, we may only send Joannie and Cynthia back to WC next year.
Here is hoping for a gold in women and dance...:).

Mira will overtake Cynthia in Canada next year, and Megan Duhamel might to. Well Cynthia might hold them off, but at the very least she will have threats from them to have to hold off. Her star is dimming, and others are improving.

Last edited by a moderator:

coolio

Rinkside
I cant believe this, Elena and Sarah are less than a point behind Joannie.
Sasha and Fumie seem to have locked in the podiums now, I just hope Joannie can outskate Kimmie in the LP, this is getting creepy. Joannie can forget about the gold if she doesnt have the jumps ready to compete against the best.

Last edited:

coolio

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
I jinxed them with that stupid thread of hoping for a Canadian medal in every event. In any case I will be surprised and dissapointed if there is not hardware of some kind in these next two events.

Mira will overtake Cynthia in Canada next year, and Megan Duhamel might to. Well Cynthia might hold them off, but at the very least she will have threats from them to have to hold off. Her star is dimming, and others are improving.
Hmm...I am not so sure about that, Mira had a great skate at Torino, but it does not have the magic touch that Cynthia gives us. But it is going to be an interesting Canadian National especially if Mira fails to give us 3 entries next year.

Saundy

On the Ice
coolio said:
Hmm...I am not so sure about that, Mira had a great skate at Torino, but it does not have the magic touch that Cynthia gives us. But it is going to be an interesting Canadian National especially if Mira fails to give us 3 entries next year.
It's not just Mira that will "fail" to give us 3 entries. It's the 2 of them together that will determine the number of entries.

I predict that Mira AND Joannie will come back fighting. They both have a reputation for being under and fighting back.

As for Cynthia...I don't know about her. She's been out all year with a pretty serious injury. I honestly don't think she'll surpass Mira. Mira just keeps getting a little better every year. She still has a long way to go, but she's still young and I think she's going to blow us away one of these days.

Don't get me wrong, I love Cynthia, but with the injury I'm kind of skeptical.

Go Mira and Joannie! Kick some butt in the long!

coolio

Rinkside
Theatregirl1122 said:
Well, the canadians have atleast one medal.
Unfortunately no gold, sort of figured no gold in pairs, but it is certainly unfortunate that we are less than one point from gold in dance :frown::frown::frown: We lost the gold in women and in men, I guess we never had a chance at gold fromt the start.