No Quadruple Salchow for Zhangs at World Champs | Golden Skate

No Quadruple Salchow for Zhangs at World Champs

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Olympic figure skating silver medallists Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao will not perform a quadruple Salchow during the upcoming world championships in Calgary, Canada. ...[article]

Thanks for the artricle, GSk8.

But the main news is: no Shen and Zhao! :cry:

I wonder if Zhang and Zhang's decision is based in part on the confidence that they can win without the quad. Even without it, they still had the highest tech difficulty of any of the pairs at Torino.

Without Totmianina and Marinen, and also without Shen and Zhao, Z&Z are become the favorites for the championship.

MM

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Thanks for the artricle, GSk8.

I wonder if Zhang and Zhang's decision is based in part on the confidence that they can win without the quad. Even without it, they still had the highest tech difficulty of any of the pairs at Torino.

Without Totmianina and Marinen, and also without Shen and Zhao, Z&Z are become the favorites for the championship.

MM

Well then I would love for some pair nobody would have thought could win it to come from behind and beat them all.

Sandra_persch said:
Well then I would love for some pair nobody would have thought could win it to come from behind and beat them all.
I'm all for Putnam and Wirtz but I don't think they made the team.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it's extremely wise... they probably haven't fully gotten over the scary landing in Torino... and they don't need it (they didn't need it at the olys either, imho)

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I read in a chinese board that S/Z was too busy with their off ice resposibility after the Olympics. Zhao said they bearly have time trainning. He promised fans that they will be back next worlds with two new programs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the article. To bad about S/Z. I understand from the article that they will be at Worlds but will be sitting on the bench, odd.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Well, if S/Z aren't competing, I doubt that the Chinese will sweep the podium. I'm glad to hear that Z/Z aren't trying the quad at Worlds -- the scare at Olys was enough.

Linny

Final Flight
Don't forget the Germans

Perhaps without a cloud hanging over their coach, the Germans S&Z will be on the Worlds podium.
Linny