OLDER SKATER MOST LIKELY TO MAKE THE PODIUM IN '06 | Golden Skate

OLDER SKATER MOST LIKELY TO MAKE THE PODIUM IN '06

R

RealtorGal

OLDER SKATER MOST LIKELY TO MAKE THE PODIUM IN '06

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">I've never set up a poll before... so here we go. :D

With so many "older" skaters hanging in there, who:eek: is most likely to walk away from the Turin Olympics with a medal?</span>

R

RealtorGal

Re: OLDER SKATER MOST LIKELY TO MAKE THE PODIUM IN '06

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">P.S. The reason I did not include Irina is that I do not believe she will be around in '06.</span>

E

Excidra2001

I voted for Michelle kwan. A lot of people might not believe this, but I think she might win gold in her 3rd try. You know what they say, 3rd try is a charm and it certainly worked for Irina who won 2 silver medals back to back and finally took home the cake.
I don't see Irina competing in 06. I think she wanted to leave after winning her world title but decided to stick around because worlds will be on home turf in 05. What a way to go if she wins.

As for Elena, the question is can she take it where Irina left off?

R

rgirl181

I voted for Michelle too and Excidra, I'm with you. It's mostly a gut feeling that the skating gods will mess with everybody and have Michelle finally win not just a medal but the elusive gold medal in Turin. Then she would have a full set of Olympic medals and be the only ladies singles skater since Sonja Henie (and I'm not even sure about Sonja) to win Olympic medals at three Olympics in a row. At least I would love it if it turned out that way.
Rgirl

J

Joesitz

I presume 'old' would be defined as 'over 25'.

I chose Michael. He's an erratic skater and this Oly may be his most surprising - a bronze!

All the others listed look good, too, for a medal. Although I am not sure of Elvis. Hope he skates one of the upcoming Worlds so I can have another look.

Joe

D

Dee4707

I voted for Michelle. As someone said 3 times a charm. I don't really think that a 30 something in the men's field will take the gold medal. Just my opinion.

Dee

P

Pookie

I think Michelle stands the best chance.

L

lottafs

Me voted for Michelle also. :)

D

DORISPULASKI

I voted for Michelle because the questions was 'a medal'. My experience of Michelle is, whatever the competitions she is in, she will get a medal.

I'd like to throw in a 2nd place for Inoue/Baldwin. This year is key for them. If they continue to improve at the same rate, they might have a shot for a bronze in 2006.
dpp

M

magentataupe

Michelle Kwan.

L

lilicedancer

Michelle is old now? She's like 22!!!!

R

Raelynne

I voted for my grandmother, Michelle Kwan. I know she's less then a year older then me but we all know she's a gezer.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Yes, but in '06, she will be 25, Elena S. will be 26, Irina 27 (I think). Compared to the 18-20 year olds such as Ota as well as the last three Oly ladies champs, that qualifies as "older</span>". :D

Z

Z Lady

:lol: EvaElena brings up a good point--how does that work?

T

tvcats

You forgot to put "none" or "other" on the poll. :(

S

sk8ing lady2001

Michelle is, IMO, most likely to win Gold in '06. :D

J

Joesitz

The Messaiah won't come and Kwan won't go.:lol:

Joe

(Edited to show emoticon so as not to offend.)

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">TVCats, feel free to add the "OTHER" of your choice!</span> :D

E

Engel85

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">Michelle</span>