One foot Axel-Salchow Combination | Page 2 | Golden Skate

One foot Axel-Salchow Combination

nadster

Final Flight
I stand corrected on the one foot axel.

However still many difficult jumps like the toeless lutz ( which is much more difficult than an axel are still unlisted. I also would love to see walleys on the list as well.

A triple axel landed on the back inside edge of the takeoff foot (triple one-foot axel) would get the same base mark as a regular triple axel. It would just be really really difficult to control that landing edge, and I don't think there is currently anyone who could do it.

They are not banned. Single one-foot axel is just not scored highly enough to be worth doing at the elite level. I did see a one-foot axel-double salchow combo at a club competition in a juvenile event recently.

Walleys and inside axels are not banned either, but they just don't earn any points. Walleys as transition moves are at least as common now as they were a few years ago under the old system.
Appoligize for using the work banned. Those jumps are too difficult and the way to get around them is to compare them with a more simpler jump by giving them the same score.

Landing a jump on a back inside edge is extremely difficult and it is best to put in combination salchow which in affect gets rid of a required long flow out of the bi edge.

Yes, there was a time when the emphasis was shifted to toe wallys which are easier. But again, it's a sport and the CoP is evaluating the sport. The quad is difficult and it has now gained new deserved base values in the sport of things.

If a jump is too dificult for the Sport, it doesn't resonate with me. JMO. Other judged Sports go for more difficult. Cracking one's skull on a high dive; Falling off a Balance Beam or missing the lower High Bar from a jump to it.

Joe

KBell

Rinkside
Yeah, I kind of figured that despite the fact that landing on a back inside edge is not so easy. Never understood thse base values anyway. Who decided what was difficult and what was not?

Also on the down side is a loss of variety which was once there (think Trenary). Well, once we get to the Quint Lutz/Quad Loop, we will have some variety. :biggrin:

KBell Thanks for the info. I would love to have seen her skate the comps.

Joe

Go to YouTube - I'm sure she's on there somewhere. I love to go back and relive the hair and wardrobe from the late 80's and early 90's along with the skating.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Another jump I miss is Peggy Fleming's 1 1/2 flip which she used in her Pachelbel's Canon EX. I can't find a youtube of it.

Another jump I miss is Peggy Fleming's 1 1/2 flip which she used in her Pachelbel's Canon EX. I can't find a youtube of it.
Yes indeed. That's my era of that jump. The Flip and a Half was very popular especially when it had a split jump in it. Tough to control the forward edge on completion, so skaters would quickly do counters or rockers. Some went into a sit spin.

Joe

mskater93

Record Breaker
Robin Cousins did a flip and 1/4, double flip sequence. It's considered a flip and 1/4 because it lands on the same foot as the pick (as opposed to the opposite foot) even though it rotates ~ 1 1/2 times.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Joe - I didn't see where anyone had responded to your question about Jill Trenary - she was US Champ in 87, 89 & 90 (2nd in 88) and World Champ in 90. She won a bronze at Worlds in 89 also - I loved her skating.

Thanks for noticing that K Bell. Jill and Yuka are always among the top favorites of competitive skaters...a skaters skater, if you would. Lots of oppositional skating and great line and elegance